chapter eight

▎SAFE HAVEN   ▎ 
»»———— act one. game of survival
CHAPTER EIGHT  ━━ WINE AND DINE

All of them was quick to get out of the vehicles, grabbing their weapons

vehicles, grabbing their weapons. Josie only had her pistol from her bag and put it in her hands. Back when it started, josie didn't have enough time to get her other weapons.

She climbed out of Shane's car and caught up with the others, taking her side by tiff. Surrounding the building were lots of corpses, as well as swarms of flies. The group quietly approached the CDC building. 

Josies nose scrunched up at the smell which made her want to be sick. She had covered her mouth and nose at one point to try and block out the smell.

They had came to the shutters of the building and Rick took the lead, banging on the shutters, Shane doing the same. If there was nobody in there, where were they going to go?

"There's nobody here." T-dogs said. Josie turned to face the man and back at Rick. 

"Then why are these shutters down?" Rick asked T-dog but T didn't know the answer, none of us did.

"Walkers!" Daryl called out which made josie turn around and raise her pistol in her hands and aim for the walkers coming close, finger on the trigger.

"Rick." Josie called out, worriedly, not turning around. Daryl shot his arrow and turned around to face rick.

"You led us into a graveyard!" Daryl growled, walking towards Shane and Rick. Josie watched carefully we more walkers came into view.

"He made a call." Shane spoke up, pointing to rick, who was to concentrated on the shutters to listen to the argument.

"It was the wrong damn call!" Daryl spat, watching as the walkers grew closer. Josie stood in front of the scared children and the worried mothers, Carl gripping onto her waist as his mother held his shoulder.

Everyone continued to argue which made josie let out a sigh. She turned back around to see Rick looking at one of the cameras.  "The camera... it moved." Rick said, pointing to the camera.

Josie frowned as she looked back at the camera. "You imagined it." Shane replied bluntly.

He tried making everyone follow him. Glenn tugged on josies arm, signalling her to follow him and Tiffany. "Come one rick, no ones here." Josie said calmly, hoping he would Listen.

"Rick, it is dead, man. It's an automated device. It's gears, okay? They're just winding down. Now come on." Shane begged but Rick didn't move. "Man, just listen to me. Look around this place. It's dead, okay? It's dead. You need to let it go, Rick." Shane added, pointing to the surroundings.