chapter twenty seven

▎SAFE HAVEN  ▎
»»———— act three. prison time
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN ━━ blessing

Rick, Michonne and Carl had come back from their run, bringing loads of guns back, a grin for Judith, and Carl even brought two photographs from the bar they always use to go to

He got one of himself, Lori and Rick, for Judith. And he also got the one of Josie, Carl, Rick, Lori...and Shane.

Carl thought it would be good for Josie to have it, he wanted to get it for her, and Josie loved it, taking the photo out of the frame and placing it in her pocket, not wanting to loose it.

But Andrea had told them the Governor wanted a meeting with Rick. And Rick knew it would be best to leave Glenn and Josie back at the prison to look out, instead of bringing them with him, Daryl and Hershel.

So Glenn and Josie were in charge, everyone sorting the guns out and where to put them incase the Governor and his people decide to attack them.

"Carl, come here." Glenn called the young boy over, making him walk towards Glenn as Josie cocked a gun, placing it on the table. "You stash these with the loading gun, all right?" He said to the boy as he nodded. "Beth, Tiffany, put more on the catwalk." He told the two girls, who nodded.

"If anyone gets pinned down, we need to make sure they have plenty of ammo." Josie told the rest of them, handing some ammo to Riley.

"I'll go work on the cage outside." Glenn nodded at them all as he took two guns and some ammo, walking towards the steps.

"What we should be doing is loading some of this firepower in a truck and paying a visit to the Governor." Merle spoke up, leaning on the fence as Glenn stopped in his tracks, turning to him. "We know here he is right now."

"You suggesting that we just go in and kill him?" Glenn asked as he turned to Merle, completely, his brow raised as Merle nodded his head.

"Yeah, I am." Merle confidently said.

"We told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay put." Michonne reminded him, placing the gun down that was in her hands.

"I've changed my mind, sweetheart." Merle turned to Michonne. "Being on the sideline with my brother out there..." Merle shook his head. "Ain't sittin' right with me."

"Three of them are right in the middle of it." Josie spoke up, leaning on the table as she looked over to Merle. "Three people that are important and cared about. They'd have no idea we were coming and shit could go North. They could get taken hostage or killed." Josie tilted her head as she stood back up, grabbing another gun. "A thousand things can go wrong."

"And they will." Merle told her, shrugging his shoulders as Carl turned to Merle, glare in his face as he stood beside Glenn.

"My dad can take care of himself." Carl said, strongly, before walking up the steps.