chapter seventeen

▎SAFE HAVEN  ▎
»»———— act two. on the hunt
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN ━━ feelings

Josie had not spoken or even seen Glenn since they last spoke

Josie had not spoken or even seen Glenn since they last spoke. She didn't know what to say. She had ranted to tiff about it, but tiff was joking around, saying that he liked her but Josie wouldn't listen.

But Josie was scared that her friendship with Glenn had been ruined. And she didn't want that. She stood in the Greenes kitchen, making some food for Beth. She was okay now, recovering.

Josie had offered to help Maggie and Riley in anyway, wanting to keep her mind off of things. And Lori had offered to help, too.

The two stood in the kitchen as Josie cut some cucumbers up. She looked up at Lori, letting out a sigh. "Did Rick say anything to you about Glenn when they got back from town? Or what Rick had said to Glenn?" Josie asked, placing her hand on her hip.

"Just that it had gotten pretty bad." Lori said as she cut the chicken up, placing it on the plate. "Why?" She looked up at Josie, who shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't know." Josie breathed out, scratching her neck. "He just came back ignoring me, and when I asked what was up, he said Rick told him something and made him realise something else. But he didn't tell me what." Josie explained as Lori smiled at her.

"You're so blind, J." Lori sighed as Josie frowned, raising a brow. "He clearly cares for you." Lori continued as Josie rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I've heard that too many times." Josie breathed out, looking down at the food. "He says he froze. Says I got inside his head but didn't say much else...I am confused, Lori."

"That proves my point." Lori smiled at her as Josie groaned, leaning her hands on her hips. "But Glenn's a big boy." Lori said as she grabbed a cucumber and bit into it. "He makes his own choices." Lori said as Josie nodded her head. "J, you know you can tell me anything, right?"

"Yeah, I know." Josie sighed as she looked up at Lori. Lori raised her brows as Josie lowered her head, looking around before looking up at Lori. "I'm confused, Lori. You know me, how awkward I get." Josie breathed out. "Feelings creep me out."

"You like him." Lori said as Josie covered her face with her hands, leaning on the counter. "Saw it from a mile away."

"Yeah, okay." Josie breathed out, rubbing her eyes as she looked up at Lori. "But it doesn't matter, he doesn't feel the same way."

Lori raised a brow at her words. "How do you know that, J?"

Josie bit down on her tongue, closing her eyes for a moment. "We, uh, we kissed, back at the CDC. We were both drunk and he said it was just a drunken kiss between two friends." Josie quickly said as Loris eyes widened.

"Wow, I did not expect that." Lori breathed out as Josie nodded her head. "Well, just between us, I'd say he feels the same way." Lori told her as Josie tilted her head. "Really, J. He wouldn't say that to you if he didn't. You both just need to tell each other how you feel."