chapter twenty one

▎SAFE HAVEN ▎ 
»»———— act three. prison time
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE ━━ walker raid

 prison timeCHAPTER TWENTY ONE ━━ walker raid

Hershel was okay. He had woken up and Lori had saved him. Everyone was over the moon that Hershel was okay and alive.

Riley, Tiffany and Beth had even made some crutches for him in their own time. But Hershel needed time to recover, which everyone gave him.

It was a couple of days after and Josie and Glenn were in one of the lookout towers. The pair laid on the makeshift bed, her head laid on his chest as he ran a hand through her hair.

It was morning and the pair knew they had to get up and help everyone, but Josie was comfy.

Josie felt Glenn's eyes on her, making her look up, brows furrowed. "What?" She tilted her head as Glenn shook his.

"Nothing." He shook his head with a smile, making Josie roll her eyes.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." She said sarcastically, moving to lay on her stomach.

"I would if I had a camera." Glenn said back as Josie chuckled, shaking her head as she leaned up to press her lips against his.

"Glenn! Josie!" Josie groaned, hearing Daryl's voice call up to them.

"I am not getting up." Josie shook her head as Glenn sighed, grabbing his jeans as Josie grabbed her shirt, pulling it over her arms and placing it around her.

"Hey, what's up, guys?" Glenn called down to the group as he opened the door. Josie ran her hands through her hair, grabbing her jeans and jacket.

"You coming?" Josie rolled her eyes at Daryl's voice, knowing what he meant.

"What?" Glenn frowned, looking down at them as Josie finished getting ready.

"You comin'?" Daryl repeated as Glenn turned to Josie, frown on his face as Josie walked towards the door, looking down at the group.

"Come on, Phinny." Tiffany shouted up with a grin, making Josie throw up her middle finger to the group. "We could use a hand."

"Yeah, we'll be right down." Glenn called down to them as they all turned around, Glenn turning to Josie, who rolled her eyes.

"Weirdos." Josie uttered, shaking her head as they moved back into the tower

Glenn quickly got ready as they walked down the stairs and out the door to see the two prisoners talking to Rick.

"We made a deal. But you gotta understand..." the blonde one breathed out as he shook his head, arms crossed over his chest. "We can't live in that place another minute. You follow me? All the bodies...people we knew. Blood, brains everywhere. There's ghosts."

"Why don't you move the bodies out?" Daryl asked, as if it was obvious.

"You should be burning them." T-dog added.