chapter twenty five

▎SAFE HAVEN  ▎
»»———— act three. prison time
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE ━━ space and relax

The group had been setting up incase the Governor does attack them

The group had been setting up incase the Governor does attack them. Josie just wanted to be on her own, doing anything to protect the prison.

Glenn had tried to speak to her, but Josie had pushed him away, like she was pushing everyone else away. She just wanted to be alone, but she didn't know why and she didn't want to explain her herself to anyone.

What she went through, she never wanted anyone else to have to go through that. But, she had to do that to ensure Glenn's safety.

But Josie wasn't the only one acting weird, so was Rick. After he had practically threatened Tyreese and Roman's group to leave, he continued to scream at the same area.

Josie just sat in her cell, looking after Judith. Everyone else was planning to attack the Governor, and Josie could hear Glenn's voice.

Josie sat on the floor, Judith on her lap as Josie pulled faces to make the baby laugh. Judith's bubbling laughter brought a smile on Josie's face.

Josie felt bad for Judith, having to grow up in a world like this, same for Carl, and even Beth and Tiffany. They had to grow up quick.

And so did Josie. She use to be a careless girl, with her brother, being her sarcastic self and finding the joy in everything.

Now, she had murdered a person. Her brother was dead. And she was scarred—probably for life. But she was glad it was her it happened to, and nobody else.

She looked up when she heard footsteps, seeing Beth with a weary smile. "Hey." She softly said as Josie sent her a weak smile, that didn't reach her eyes. "I can take her, if you want to relax?" Beth suggested as Josie turned to Judith, who held out her arms for Beth.

"Looks like she's missing you." Josie chucked quietly, standing up as she carefully passed Judith over to Beth. "You're really good at this, by the way."

Beth smiled at the compliment, looking down at Judith. "Thanks, Josie." Beth smiled, "And so are you."

"I helped raise a baby Carl, I'm use to the Grimes babies." Josie shrugged her shoulder, her voice slightly raspy as Beth chuckled.

"Well, I hope you're okay. Get some rest." Beth told her, a genuine smile on her face as Josie nodded, squeezing Beth's arm as she watched the blonde leave.

" Beth told her, a genuine smile on her face as Josie nodded, squeezing Beth's arm as she watched the blonde leave