○9○

°•CHAPTER 9•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

°•Brietta's POV•°

After the funeral we went home, got dressed in more comfortable clothes and left the house immediately, before Lonnie could start his ranting, and start to lectures us about everything he disapproved off.

We went to a field, that's infront of the forest. I sat down in the grass, while Jonathan was practicing his shooting, he was a terrible shot. He kept on missing the cans, but his face focusing so hard was cute.

"You're supposed to hit the cans right?" Nancy asks, announcing her arrival, ruining my happy mood.

"I think he's aiming for the spaces between the cans." I say jokingly, Jonathan send me a smile.

"Ah."

She did not sound impressed with me, which I could careless about.

"You ever shot a gun before?" Jonathan asks, making Nancy scoff loudly. "Have you met my parents?" She asks.

"Yeah, I haven't shot one since I was ten. My dad took me hunting on my birthday. He made me kill a rabbit." Jonathan told her, I remember that day like it was yesterday. "A rabbit?" Nancy asks confused.

"Yeah, I guess he thought it would make me into more of a man or something. Brie and I cried for a week." Jonathan says, loading the gun again.

"Jesus."

"Don't sound so judgemental Nancy, we're just big fans of thumper." I told her making a point, Nancy started laughing at me. "I meant his dad." Nancy states. "He is a real jackass." I stated in agreement. "Yeah, I guess he and my mother loved each other at some point, but... I wasn't around for that part." Jonathan says, Nancy held her hand out to him, he hesitantly handed her the gun.

"Um, yeah. Just, uh, point and shoot." He instructs her, as I stopped paying attention to them, staring at the ground, remembering what I saw the night before, that thing against the wall what could it be, better question what was my uncle up too, I light tap on my leg pulled me from my thoughts, I glance up, giving Jonathan a small smile.

"I don't think my parents ever loved each other." Nancy spoke up, we turn to look at her, "They must've married for some reason." Jonathan says.

"My mom was young. My dad was older, but he had a cushy job, money, came from a good family, so they brought a nice house at the end of the cul-de-sac... and started their nuclear family." Nancy says, sounded more like she was complaining, I couldn't understand how she could be doing that, complain about her family, atleast she still had her parents, I would give anything to have mine back.

"Screw that."

"Yeah, screw that."

Nancy shot the cans off the logs, one after the other, Jonathan stares at the logs impressed, I could only stare at her in sympathy.