Chapter 21 - Possessed

Chapter 21 – Possessed

Mace Windu POV:

I looked up angrily and stared into the Jedi Guardian's face. "That cannot be true. Keep looking," I snapped at him.

I've been angry a lot lately. I was new to anger. I feared it more than anything. And yet I couldn't keep it from clouding my mind. There was nothing I could do but watch the dark side take control of me, torturing me inside my own mind and forcing me to be its slave. Only rarely did I clear my head when all feelings fled from me and left me alone with my thoughts. Those clear thoughts were almost worse than the darkness.

What have you done? I knew it. I didn't want to know.

The anger slowly receded. It made me dependent. Any time the darkness didn't envelop me, I should have taken my chance. I could have undone all my transgressions. At some point they would realize that something is wrong with me.

Do not worry. It's gonna be okay.

Internally I winced. There she was again! The seductive voice that compelled me to do things I never would have done in my worst dreams. I felt the anger come back. I couldn't suppress it.

Let your feelings run free. Then you will get over it quicker, my apprentice.

I heard a nasty laugh. Who is laughing here? Then I realized that I had made that disgusting sound. I gasped and pressed my comlink. A moment later, the door to the secret training room opened and my student walked in. She was clad in a black robe and wore a dark cloak only worn by the Sith. Her facial features were hard and her eyes sparkled a menacing red, while her medium-length black hair fell over her shoulders. Raven Dread.

The young woman knelt in front of me and lowered her gaze. So it is right.

"Master, you called me," she whispered reverently. Her voice was sharp, as if she could kill with her alone.

"It is so, Raven. Today we will introduce you to the Master." I gave her a hand signal and in one fluid motion she had stood up and was eyeing me.

I activated my lightsaber in a flash and wanted to put it to her throat. But Raven reacted faster than expected and effortlessly parried my punch. Now she launched an attack that I was able to fend off with difficulty. Raven had a strong right hand. I felt the dark side in her. She was powerful. But I could also feel something else. She not only mastered the fighting technique of the Sith, but also that of the Jedi. The light side was also in her.

She will be more powerful than any of my former students. She will be invincible.

What are you up to, my master?

Send her on her first mission. In the case of Amidala, you have disappointed me greatly. But your student now has the chance to iron out your mistakes. She will not fail.

Parrying more punches, I spun, swung back, and slashed at my student with all my might. Surprised, she leaned forward to take my punch. She narrowed her eyes tensely, a wrinkle formed on her forehead. Now I forcefully pushed her against the wall and said, "You have to be prepared for that."

Raven gasped, and through the Force I felt her burning anger. Actually, she had a pretty face with even contours. But now it was frozen into a single angry mask. Exhausted, she lifted her head and reached out a hand in my direction as if to shake my hand. A moment later, bright blue lightning shot out at me.

At the last second, I threw her back and Raven groaned again. She immediately ended her attack.

"Skywalker knows nothing of your existence. Use this to your advantage. He's not nearly as powerful as I am, but he's very skilled and uses wrath. The senator is his weak point. He will do anything to spare her life."