Ch.1

"So, how was everyone's summer?" The unfamiliar teacher asked.
I rolled my eyes, why was this woman asking about my summer? Why wasn't she teaching me? Seriously, it's not like she cares about our summer, she doesn't even know us. A familiar hand jolted up immediately after the question, Jaya. Jaya Kayur is probably one of the most annoying girls I know, she can never sit still, she's always talking in class, she's a complete dimwit and somehow I've been putting up with her sense the seventh grade. "Over the summer I went to camp for 4 weeks as a counselor! It was so fun! And I rented a beach house with my friends! And I-" "Ok Jaya, one event is more than enough" the teacher interrupted.
"Maybe she isn't that bad" I mumbled to myself.
Jaya's eyes met mine for a moment and then she looked away, she definitely heard me.
I tried to get through the rest of the class but it just felt like Jaya upgraded to a whole new level of "annoying-mega-bitch". Once the class was over I felt a wave of relief over me, finally I don't have to see Jaya anymore I thought. Until I walked into the band room a few hours later, Jaya has played the clarinet for about five years now and she still sounds shitty. I honestly don't know why she even plays, probably because we get to go on a field trip to Disney. Jaya is so annoying, I can't even hear my trombone over the noise from her voice.