Ch. 8

Me and Levi have been talking for a while now. he told me he was into me a few weeks ago at one of the football games we had to march for.

                       _____________

"Yo Jay can I talk to you?" Levi muttered.
I turned my body around and smiled at him, "whats up?"
"What are you doing tomorrow?"
"I have a baby sitting job, and I have to go on a run and I—."
Levi cut me off saying, "I have two tickets for this haunted house in town, do you want to go?"
My smile grew ten sizes bigger, "Sure, are you bringing Noah too? Is this like a group thing?"
one part of me was thinking he was going to turn this into a group thing and not a date. "No Jaya. I want to spend time with you, only you," he replied.
I felt my stomach do backflips. Trying to keep my cool I replied, "So it's a date?"
"Yes."

                        _____________

The day of, I made sure I looked perfect. I decided to straighten my puffy dark hair, paint my nails and put a little extra effort into my usual makeup look. I put on a cute dress and dressed it down with a jacket and Converse. Levi said he was going to pick me up at 6:30 for the haunted house so then it would be dark while were waited in line. when 6:30 rolled around he picked me up. When I got into his car he asked, "What do you think about my car?"
His car was just an everyday "dad car" it was just one of those old cars that parents give their kids when they just start driving. "Um, yeah it's cool." I responded with a confused smile.
Levi was wearing a flannel with a white t-shirt and cargo pants. It seemed like he wanted to say something but he was holding back. "Are you ok if I play music?" he awkwardly asked.
I nodded in response. Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!! WHATS WRONG WITH MEE I thought to myself. Something just felt off but I decided to brush it off my shoulder. The drill music he decided to play felt like it was going to blow up the car. Once we got there I decided to lighten the mood, "Your outfit is cute!" I said to
him.
I wanted to get the point across that I'm very into him. Levi's white skin went pink, even his freckles looked a little extra pink. "I think you look gorgeous." he replied.
I beamed and tried not to look flustered, "Thanks" I barely forced out words.
"You're cute when you're like that." he said.
"Like what?" I replied.
"Just when you get all flustered and shy, it's a different look for you. Usually you're loud, jumpy and energetic."
"I mean I never thought I was that loud"
"You know what I mean!" Levi laughed.
I looked at him without a smile, I didn't mean to imply that I was offended. "Jaya, you know I didn't mean it like that!" he reassured me.
"Uh yeah, I'm sorry I was just thinking" I tried to save myself.
"Thinking about how cute I am?" He said smugly.
I rolled my eyes and responded, "And what if I am?"
Finally the mood was less awkward. while we waited in line we just chatted about everything, school, friends, grades. Once we actually got into the haunted house it was nothing special. It was kind of scary at some points but mostly I found it funny. "I was hoping you'd cling onto me if you got scared." Levi muttered to me as we walked out.
I just looked at him and playfully rolled my eyes. when we got back into his car he said, "So what do you wanna do now? Wanna go anywhere else?"
"I don't know, do you have anything in mind?" I innocently replied.
"I have some ideas" he said with a weird grin.
He drove into an empty parking lot and said, "Are you ready?"
"For what?"
"Aren't we gonna fuck?"
I stopped. I never prepared for that. I had no clue how to respond. "To what— wait why— what the hell?" I stammered.
"You're so cute when you're embarrassed." he smiled.
"Levi, I like you but I feel like this is just too fast. Also I've nev-" I stopped myself.
"Jaya, are you a virgin?" he asked me.
I looked away from him. I was embarrassed to admit it. "I've just never got the-" I got cut off by Levi.
"What about we just make out instead then?" he said.
I didn't really want to but at the same time I did. One part of me just felt icky for what almost happened but the other wanted to feel his hands all over my body. I leaned in and felt his soft lips on mine.