Ch.7

The next few weeks passed by fast, getting used to classes, getting to know teachers, doing testing just the basics of school. Obviously pep band was a requirement every Friday, Jaya hated it because she didn't get to be with her friends. Whenever she'd come near me it was to talk to Levi about how much she wishes she could spend the game having fun with him and "the rest of the group". What group is she talking about? Sometimes Aria comes up to the stands to make fun of Jaya for being in band and for the stupid marching band outfit. Sometimes I don't remember why I'm still in band, it feels like I'm just doing things just do do them and I don't put thought into anything I do. Everything always comes easy for me, it's easy to get good grades because I'm just naturally good, people get annoyed when I say it but it's true. I never really have to try in a class, it's the same thing with playing music, I don't have to try. I wonder what would happen if I just- "Are you even listening to me?", my thoughts were interrupted.
"Leo, I was saying I wanted to put you into a more professional school, me and your father have been debating it for a while." My mom said to me.
I couldn't think. For the first time ever I had no idea what to say. "I'll think about it," I say to her.
She gives me a confused look and then says, "If you're worried about money then just know we have that covered,".
My father walked in and said, "I want to know your decision by next week so then we can start submitting applications."
On one hand it would be good to go to a better school, it could open doors for me, I'd be challenged and I could make friends. But I don't want to leave this school. As I put my computer on my desk to begin my homework I was thinking of three things, my potential new school, Jaya and getting my homework done.
Why am I thinking about her so much?