Ch.3

after band class was over there was only one period left, math. I signed up for two math classes this year because my parents requested that I get two advanced math classes, to stimulate my mind. The math class I had before this was pre-calculus, other students in my grade were taking algebra. Sometimes I wonder why kids at school call me an annoying, stuck up nerd but now it's clear, I'm like that because I deserve to be "stuck up". In my opinion I think that some people are stuck up just because it's a defense mechanism but other people (like me) are stuck up because we're just better than others. As I sat down in my last class of the day, getting ready to listen to my other math teach me things that I probably already know I hear a familiar voice outside, "No, I'd die of embarrassment" , it was Jaya talking to who I assume was Levi Williams. Levi is probably the biggest idiot I know, we only have 3 trombone players in the band and he's one of them. I'd be fine with that if he didn't suck the worst part is Jaya is always looking at him, she never takes her eyes off him when he's in the room. obviously I don't really care it can just be a bother sometimes. I peered out the door and saw Levi whispering into Jaya's ear. What is he saying? Why aren't they in class? Why is Jaya smiling like that? I thought to myself. Jaya looked into the classroom from a few feet away while Levi stood further away trying not to laugh. What is happening? I don't know why but my mind was racing. Jaya entered the room, her pale brown skin somehow turning to pink. "Hey, uh do you know where this class is?" she mumbled to the teacher while showing him a paper.
"It's down the hall." he replied.
My eyes followed Jaya as she left the room covering her mouth while looking at Levi who was trying not to laugh. I didn't understand the joke.