54. Living with Slytherin's Lord

Lyra had admitted feeling lonely to Tom when they used the communications gem to talk. She was happy that Sirius and Remus were having time to themselves. But, after being surrounded by family and friends constantly since her fourth year, Lyra was struggling with loneliness. His eyes hardened and told her he was always there for her. She smiled at him and told him goodnight.

Two days later, Nieva announced she had a guest. Lyra frowned as she wasn't expecting anyone. She put down the tome she was reading and headed to the entrance hall. There stood Tom in all his handsome glory. Lyra greeted him with a smile.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in political meetings all week?" She asked him whilst wrapping her arms around his waist.

He just smiled down at her, his arms coming around her to pull her closer. "Nothing is more important than you, little star. I will not have you sitting here lonely, when I can easily rectify the situation. Now, where will I be sleeping?" He asks with a smirk.

Lyra glances up at him from beneath her lashes. "I'll have Nieva show you to the guest wing if you like? I'm sure you'll be comfy in there" she says mockingly.

"And where, exactly, is the guest wing my love?" Tom says sternly, his grip tightening.

"On the opposite side of the manor to the master wing darling. Where else would it be? Where do you have yours?" She asked innocently. It was impossible to move from his embrace with his grip as tight as it was. Lyra wouldn't have it any other way though.

Tom raised an eyebrow at her innocent expression.

"Oh, really? I will be sleeping on the other side of the manor to you. I don't believe so little star. I want you as close to me as possible. After all, how else am I supposed to see if the dresses I got you fit, or if they are the right colour? I can't do that from the other side of this manor, can I?"

A deep blush covered her cheeks, and her started beating faster. His hand had started roaming up and down her back gently. It was getting hard to focus. A satisfied smirk graced his face at her reactions. He loved how responsive she was to his touch, even the smallest one.

"Now show me to where I shall stay for the foreseeable future little star" he whispered in her ear whilst grabbing her hand.

Lyra smiles shyly and heads in the direction of her rooms. She had never intended for him to stay so far from her. Freya had known this and prepared the room next to hers when they first moved in, just in case. It was decorated in Slytherin green, with dark oak furniture, and silver trimmings.

He looked around the room impressed. Tom was entranced by the room momentarily, and it allowed Lyra to walk away from him and sit on the bed.

"Is it to your liking, Lord Slytherin?" She asked whilst leaning back on her hands.

Tom looked over to his soulmate at her question. The sight of her leaning on his bed almost knocked him over. She smiled innocently from her position, but Tom knew what she was doing. He stalked towards her. As he drew nearer, her head tilted up to watch him. In this position, her towered over her, not that he didn't do that anyway, but it was much more prominent from where she was sat. He grabbed her chin with his hand.