9

Syra POV:

I cover my ear with my pillow in attempt to zone out the loud noises coming from outside.
"Who wakes up this early" I groan as the noises get louder.
Groaning I wake up and check the time. Reaching for my phone I see a bouquet of white flowers next to it with a note.
Huh.
Grabbing the flowers and bouquet I read the small note that's attached to it.

Syra,
I'm sorry
H.

I graze my finger over the letter H and smile to myself.
"No not there, move it over there" I hear someone yell pulling me out of my trance.
"What the heck is going on" I say to myself and get up to see from my window.
"Oh my god" I gasp loudly.

I totally forgot today is my engagement party, where my fate is going to be announced to almost everyone that we know.
——————-

"You know what day it is" Saima says walking into my room without knocking.
"Your birthday" I question knowing exactly what she means.
"Haha funny. No it's you engagement" she says closing the door behind her and sitting on the edge if my bed.
"Oh really I wouldn't know with all the people yelling outside" I sarcastically say.
"Ma sent me here to make sure you won't embarrass her in front of the huge audience tonight and will stick to you're decision" she says
"I've already given up. It's time to do what they want" I say
"THE Syra has given up, is the world ending" she says dramatically.
"How many people are coming" I question, ignoring her sarcastic remark.
"Don't worry about that, you'll be fine. We'll all be there to support you" she says resting her hand on my shoulder.
"I'm scared" I say honestly, letting my mask fall that I've been trying to keep up.
"It's normal to feel scared, but you'll be fine once this is over. Don't stress yourself out" she says.
"Was this how you felt when you were getting married" I ask
"Yes. There's a lot of people watching so you'll obviously feel scared and nervous. Just keep taking deep breaths" she says
I nod at her in understanding.

—————-
I haven't left my room since the morning. I'm too scared to see anyone outside and have an interaction. The guest are arriving and I have been sitting here all dressed up with my nerves taking over.

"1 2 3" I force myself to take deep breaths to calm myself.
After doing the exercise a couple more times, I attempt to put on my silver diamond necklace. It matches perfectly with my baby pink maxi. The whole look is very simple but also elegant.
"Ugh" I groan as I struggle to clip on the necklace. After multiple attempts I give up and sit down in frustration.

I look out the window of my bedroom which gives me the perfect view of the venue that's organized in our garden with fairy lights twinkling above the white and sage green themed decor. It looks beautiful and just how I planned it to look, the only problem is the guy. I'm so thankful the nikkah(official marriage) isn't soon since we have an engagement, mehendi(dance and music party before the wedding), then the nikkah will come so I still have time to prepare myself.

"Come in" I say as I hear a knock on my door.
"Wow you look beautiful Syra" I hear Omar say as I can hear his footsteps approach me.
"What are you doing here" I say already  annoyed because of his presence.
"Just wanted to make sure my wife didn't run away" he says chuckling
"Now that you've seen I'm here, please leave I'm still getting ready" I say struggling to clip on the necklace still.
"Let me help you" he says bringing his hands near my neck.
"Stop stay away" I yell at him freaking out and take a huge back.
"Why are you acting like a child we're getting married I'm allowed to come near you" he says backing me up to the wall.
My back is forced to the wall and I can feel my heartbeat getting faster. My breathing quickens as I stare at Omar with teary eyes.
"Relax I was just joking no need to cry like a immature brat" he says rolling his eyes and walking out the room.
I release a breath when I hear the door slam shut.
Feeling my panic attack coming I quickly lay flat on the ground and shut my eyes, taking in slow breaths.