Chapter 2: Route 1, New Friends

The next couple of hours, Logan and Ruby didn't head back to Viridian City immediately. The two of them decide to spend this time catching some Pokemon here on Route 1.

Ruby cried as she ran over to a bush with narrow eyes, catching Logan's attention.

"What is it, Ruby?" Logan asked, following her toward the bush.

The bush made a rustling sound for a few minutes. That is when a small, quadrupedal rodent Pokemon steps out of the bush. It has dark purple fur with a cream-colored face, paws, and underbelly. It has narrow eyes containing a white sclera and pupils with red irises, rounded ears with cream-colored insides, and a single long whisker on each cheek. Its long tail is slightly curled at the end. The most notable feature was its large teeth.

"A Rattata, let's see," Logan said, pointing his Pokedex at Rattata

[Rattata, The Mouse Pokemon. A Normal type. They will chew on anything with fangs. If you see one, it is inevitable that 40 more live in the area. They live wherever food is available; it ceaselessly scavenges for edibles the entire day.]

"That could be a nice addition to my team," Logan said, putting away his Pokedex."Alright, Ruby, start things off with Tackle!" He ordered.

"Litleo!" Ruby cried out as it charged at Rattata, knocking it down to the ground.

"Ratt,ata!" Rattata cried out, shaking Its head as it got on back up from the ground. 

Rattata then let out a loud cry as it charged forward toward Ruby.

"Ruby countered with Tackle and then used Ember!" Logan commanded.

"Lit, Leo!" Ruby cried out, running towards Rattata.

Ruby and Rattata collided with each other sending them sliding, but Ruby drug her claws into the ground, stopping herself. She then opened her mouth, spitting out a flame of fire at Rattata, knocking it out.

"Alright, Pokeball, go!" Logan said, pulling out a Pokeball and throwing it to the fainted Rattata, sucking it in with a red beam of light.

The Pokeball shakes several times until it clicks, signaling that Rattata is captured.

"Ruby, we did it. We caught ourselves in a new friend and team member," Logan said, walking over to the Pokeball and picking it up.

Logan then strapped the Pokeball containing his newly caught Rattata onto his belt next to Ruby's pokerall.

"Let's go and find some more Pokemon before heading on back to Viridian City," Logan said.

"Litleo!" Ruby cheered.

                                          ****

Logan and Ruby arrived at the river, where Logan decided to catch a water-type Pokemon. He decided that based on the Dexnav, it would be a good idea since it says it was Rock-type Gym. 

He took off his bag and pulled out a light blue fishing rod with Lapras lure on it, and tossed it into the river.

"Excuse me," A soft and female voice said from behind him.

Logan turned around to see the familiar girl from Professor Oak's lab standing behind him with an Eevee on her head.

"Yes?" Logan asked.

"I was wondering if I could join you here to fish for a Water-type Pokemon?" She asked."Also, that Pokemon next to you is really adorable. Never seen one before like it."

"Ruby a Litleo, and we're not from here," Logan said."Sure, you can join me."

"Thanks. My name is Elaine Ketchum, and my cousin and I started our journey today, but we decided to travel separately," Elaine said, sitting down and pulling out a red fishing rod and tossing the lure into the river.

"Hm," Logan hummed as he waited patiently for someone to tug on his lure.

After a few moments, his fishing rod started moving, indicating he had caught something.

"Let's see what you are," Logan said as he started to pull hard. Then out came a light blue turtle with a green shell.

Logan tilted his head and pointed his pokedex at the Pokemon

[Squritle, The Tiny Trutle Pokemon. A Water-type Pokemon. Afterbirth, its back swells and hardens into a shell. Powerfully sprays foam from its mouth. Shoits water at prey while in water. It withdraws into its shell when in danger. However, the color of this Squriutle indicates it is shiny.]

"A shiny Squirtle, nice," Logan said."Ruby Yawn, and then Thunder Fang!" 

"Litleo!" Ruby cried out, opening her mouth and sending a bubble at Squirtle, and then immediately bit its arm with electricity coming from her mouth.

Squirtle fired a small blast of water from its mouth, which Ruby quickly dodged. The next moment Squirtle fell asleep floating on its back in the river.

Logan took out a Pokeball and threw it at the sleeping Pokemon; it hit it and was sucked inside.

After a few shakes, a click was heard, and Squirtle was caught.

"Yes, caught another friend," Logan said happily, picking up the Pokeball and strapping it onto his belt.

He then unzipped his bag and put his fishing rod inside before checking out his new Pokemon information and saw they both had good moves so far and that Squrtile was a girl and Rattata was a male.

"Alright, Ruby, come on, let's get going," Logan said, putting his bag on his back.

"Nice meeting you. Maybe we'll meet again at some point," Elaine said, waiting for something to tug onto her lure with Eevee lying beside her.

"Yeah, probably name Logan, by the way," He said, glancing on back at Elaine as he stood up.

"Logan, see you around and take care of that shiny Squirtle," She said.

"I will," Logan replied as he and Ruby walked on off and looked up to see a few clouds were starting Io gather in the sky. 

Logan glanced down at Ruby."We should hurry before it rains," He said.

Ruby nodded in agreement as they continued their way back to Viraidan City.

"Logan and Ruby had caught them two new friends in a male Rattata and a female Squirtle; they also made a new friend in Elaine Ketchum. Now they continue their way back to Viridian City and hope to get there before the rain pours down; what other adventures await them?" The Narrator said.

To be continued...

Logan's Team:

Litleo (Ruby) (F)

Shiny Squirtle (Shelly) (F)

Rattata (Patrick) (M)

Pokemon at Lab: None