~he realized his feelings~

Their pov

Caveman (Stanley yelnats IV)

I was in the rec room sitting by myself when x-ray sat across from me.

"Yo Stanley"

"Huh?"

"You wouldn't happen to like y/n, right?"

I blushed at his statement.

"What. No! No i-i don't. Wh...- why do you ask?"

"No reason really" he got up and left.

That was...odd.

But there's no way I like her right!

(Next day when digging)

When the water truck came I got out of my hole. I was about to walk there with my canteen when I saw x-ray and y/n talk.

He said something to her and she looked taken aback.

She looked down and lifted her gaze back to him.

She told him something seemingly sympathetically and put her hands on his shoulders.

He nodded and said something to her.

She took one of her hands and balled it into a fist and lifted it on her heart.

She told him something and opened her arms. Was she offering x-ray a hug?

He opened his arms as well and they hugged.

They walked back to where the water truck was and I snapped out of my trance and went there as well.

After I came back from digging I went inside the tent and saw y/n there probably waiting for me.

"Hey" she said.

"Hi..."

"Something on your mind?" She asked.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure"

"What did x-ray say to you?"

"Oh that? He kinda sorta asked me out!" She said casually.

I felt so many different things from just that one statement. a twinge of anger,  sadness, jealousy, hatred so many emotions. Why?

"Oh really" I said looking away trying to contain my anger but still ended up sounding annoyed.

"Yeah he did! He was so sincere and really sweet about it too! What a shame"

"What a Shame?"

"It's a shame I had to turn him down. It's the most sincere and cute confession I've received"

I suddenly felt happy again.

Maybe...I do like her.

Zero (Hector Zeroni)

Stanley was teaching me how to read again but for some reason I kept messing up.

"Dude Hector, Is something up?"

"I...I don't know...my mind's all foggy"

Just then we heard footsteps behind us and the fabric of the tent rustle.

"How's the reading moving along?" It was y/n.

"It's going kinda ba-"

"It's fine! We're just fine!" I cut Stanley off.

"Do you need any help?"

"Nope we're just fine!" I said quickly.

"I see" she turned and walked away.