Chapter 2 Kismet

"I know that somehow, every step I took since the moment I could walk was a step towards finding you."

Huxley POV

Where are you?

I mentally asked while busy looking out the car window hoping to finally see the street Hendrick said was the place. I've been going around this place for a while now.

I was about to enter a crowded street when suddenly a white SUV emerged. Our bumpers collided as a result.

"Shit," I muttered. "I am doomed."

First, this isn't my car. Second, I don't want to have an issue here since I'm new to this town. Lastly, I don't want Dad to know that I was involved in an accident here and might send me back to Cebu in no time.

A woman who was probably in her late twenties got out of the SUV. She was wearing opaque, sweat-wicking bottoms and a full-zip yoga jacket. Her long hair was neatly pulled up into a ponytail.

She did not look happy. She approached my car and slammed its hood a few times.

"Hey!" She said angrily. "Bumaba ka diyan!" And slammed the hood one more time.

She strikes me like a nabob who walks into a room and everyone will stand up to show respect to her. Like a juggernaut of secular and commercial culture but talking sweetly and with a class? Hmm... just like that.

I let a few moments pass before I decided to slip out of the car. I took off the sunglasses I was wearing and checked the bumpers of our car.

"It's not that bad." That's all I said.

"Is that all?!" She exclaimed in disbelief.

"It's just a scratch," I responded gaily with a teasing grin. "I mean, no big deal sweetheart."

"No big deal? You entered the wrong way, hon. This is a one-way street." She counter. "You violated a traffic rule. And not only that -" I took that chance to study her features. "You hit my car."

Alright, she's gorgeous. Hmm... yeah, gorgeous. I'd like to use this word for her. There is no arrogance connected to it, like ravishing or divine and it is free from sexual qualifications, like hot, sexy, or stunner. It's also free from the averageness of pretty. So gorgeous is what I think suits her best. Physically she is even better. Her face, hair, body, and everything about her is all-consuming.

And oh, I love her neatly trimmed eyebrows! The way she talks... she was endlessly fascinating.

I saw how her gold-colored eyes widened in shock when she noticed how I expertly turned the tables.

What can I do if I am this good?

So I walked back to my car and sat behind the steering wheel flashing a triumphant smile, thinking that if people were rain, she was a drizzle and I was a hurricane.

*****

But you see how agami karma works?

You simply act with intent and experience the consequences of the actions. Just like the seeds are dormant until it is time for them to sprout. Once they sprout, they become ready to be worked out, and the course becomes pre-destined for an individual to experience that karma that is ready for experiencing. This is what karma hitting you back looks like.

I didn't expect to see the person I bumped into that night. Malay ko bang siya pala si Dr Amber Shannon na senior ng sister ko?

I did a number of conjuring spells to block the karma and again, none of them yielded any results... I assume. Why did I say that? Because the hedge witch is here!