Chapter 7 Lollapalooza

"Destiny decides who you meet in life but only your heart can decide who gets to stay in it."

Huxley POV

I've been waiting for a long time for someone to come pick me up. Yhael had already left with Devone, Davian, Chantal, and Dominique. They fit right in the pickup truck they rode in that my sister drove.

I glanced again at the wristwatch I was wearing. I've been waiting for nearly thirty minutes now. I'm already being bitten by mosquitoes right outside the gate. I've been impatient and annoyed with the person who was supposed to pick me up. Wala naman akong susi ng gate para babalik na lang ulit sana ako sa loob ng bahay at magpasyang hindi na pupunta. This is the longest wait I have ever had in my life!

I was just about to turn around when I heard the sound of a speeding white SUV approaching where I was standing. I know exactly who it belongs to. That being the case I waited for the car to come across me instead. I folded my arms while waiting and stared across from the driver's side.

"I'm so sorry." Doctor Shannon apologized immediately as soon as she got out of her car.

Lumapit siya sa kinatatayuan ko at tumigil sa mismong harapan ko. But she doesn't seem sorry for being late. I can't feel her sincerity.

"Why are you late?" Seryosong-seryosong tanong ko. "What took you so long?" My eyes never left her face.

"Uhm -"

"Huwag mong sabihing traffic dahil bumenta na 'yan." I cut off instantly. "And I don't believe there is traffic here. Matalinhaga is one of the cleanest roads I know."

"Okay?" She replied chuckling.

"This isn't funny, Milkshake." Seryoso pa ring maagap na sabi ko habang nakahalukipkip na nakalipat ang bigat sa isang paa. "You're late. And you let me get bitten by mosquitos here." I continued. "I need your sincerest apologies."

"Hey!" She complained. "I'm already here! And I don't think any of this kerfuffle had anything to do with me being late."

I raised an eyebrow.

She rolled her eyes. "Okay, I apologize." She added, in a low tone. There was resignation in her voice. "So can we go now?" Sabay mosyon sa kanyang sasakyan. "They're waiting for us." Dagdag niya nang mapansing hindi ako gumagalaw. "Huxley, come on. Let's go."

I gave her a fierce and scornful look before I walked towards her car and stopped in front of the passenger's seat door. She stopped walking toward the driver's side when she noticed I had not yet gotten inside her car.

"Can you open the car door for me... at least?" I said in a mocking voice. "But that doesn't mean we're good."

She opened her mouth and was about to speak but changed her mind quickly. Rolling her eyes, she walked beside me to open the car door.

"Your Highness?" There was sarcasm in her voice as she motioned for me to get inside the car when she opened the door.

I ignored what she said and just got inside. She shook her head before shutting the door and turning to the driver's side. No one dared to broach a topic while we were on our way to her house.

"What took you so long to pick me up?" I broke the deafening silence for a few moments later.

"Hmm?" She seemed even surprised that I talked to her. "Are you talking to me?" Sabay turo sa sarili.

"Duh!" I rolled my eyes dramatically. "Is there anyone else here with me?"

"I thought you didn't want to hear my explanation?" She replied somewhat woozily.