~28~ Not-so sacred sacrifice

*Unedited.*
Word count: 3167

(The image above is drawn by me.
Full image can be found on my Instagram. I intend to have full references for the boys soon - hopefully, but I thought this would do for now. ;) Apologies for the slow updates by the way, life has been a bit crazy and I haven't really had much motivation to write. But don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. Enjoy~)

~~~ °•° ~ °•° ~~~

I hated his smile.

I hated his touch.

I hated his eyes.

I hated the feeling of my hand in his own, the way he held my fingers in between his own like he thought it felt perfect.

That buzzing still lingered in my nerves as he led me back upstairs - my frame weakly following along for the mere fact that it would soon be over.
I hoped he wasn't expecting a show...

Eyes were on the floor as he stepped through the front hall. Whispering talks fell silent and the tapping of finely made dress shoes were a lot more clear than my own timid padding along the floor.
I glance behind me and I wouldn't lie...

I. Was. Terrified.

Deep, slow breaths were the only thing keeping me here and not on the floor.

His hand is placed upon my lower back and his gentle push made my shorter frame stop by his side - (e/c) eyes shifted to look up and that's when my heart decided to reenact a heart attack - dropping to the bottom of my chest where it shattered.
Yet in a cruel twist of fate it didn't take me with it...

There were eyes....so many familiar gazes burning into every detail of me.
Every inch was looked over as if I were some piece of fine art to them and baited breath made the room fall silent. Tensions were taught.

I could hear each shallow breath from my lungs, my heart pounding in my chest as another tell this was real and not some cruel nightmare.
It hurt.
Stung like salt in an open wound.
The air felt thin, features pale and eyes wide.
Kaito lightly shook our joined hands, his thumb rubbing my side and for a moment, the room was still in paused time.

Some were sitting, most standing either near the wall or closer to the center of the room. A fireplace crackled.
Dogs were whining with impatience from outside.

Their eyes burned into every inch of me and I hated it.

Ryo was the first to stand - pull himself back from his thoughts and in an instant a smile graced his features.
"Hi, sleepyhead~" he teases in a tone that held a hint of nervousness as chestnut eyes looked over messy hair and baggy pj's - seeming to glimmer at something he knew, that I didn't.
His blonde hair was soft, long strands falling near his shoulders with the back tied into a ponytail.
His blazer jacket was decorated with pins and splashes of color, much like the loose red tie, and belts hanging from his hip.
He was a little taller than two years ago, frame lean and gentle - in fact, they all looked older.

Bako was still easily the tallest, his frame dressed in a simple light gray turtleneck under a loose blue shirt and jeans. He looked strong, a calm force and his azure blue hair was kept short yet ruffled as it framed his pale face and sky hued eyes.

"Muse...are you alright?" Ren's voice was soft and I guess I too was staring as I shake my head, fearful eyes shifting to the floor with an uneasy exhale.
My frame burned with their eyes, each gaze ready to pounce on their prey in what they deemed 'protection.'

A smaller frame slowly stood up and my breathing was steady with short-lived inhales.

Play along.
I scold, left arm nearly twitching and I swallow back glass.
"I..." my soft voice gave another moment of pause. "I'm sorry...f-for scaring you all."