Author's Note/ Prologue

a/ n : Hey yall! This is my very first book so please bear with me. This is a Erik Stevens/ Killmonger fanfic. The reader is also plus sized in this story aswell. We dont have a lot of plus girl or black girl representation in a lot of books and I am sure this will scratch that itch if that is what you are looking for. TRIGGER WARNING! this book does mention things like death, substance abuse, sexual content etc. I will put a trigger warning for those parts ..........so without further a-do lets's get this shit!

PROLOGUE

Y/n is a smalltown girl from Alpine Texas , her whole life all she ever knew was trailer parks, poverty and the occasional methheads. The town population was right uder 30,000 people, most of whom looked nothing like her. The guys always wanted the "pretty girls" (basic white girl built like a model with pin straight hair and porcelain skin)
Y/n was always felt used to feeling or being called ugly and fat. Her whole life she was told that she was too tall because she was 5'11 , her hips were too wide, her skin was too brown, her eyes too slender, her hair too thick and nappy and her nose too broad. She had developed earlier than all the other girls and was automatically assumed to be "fast" when she did noting of that sort. Not to mention only 9 percent of the population was black. Y/n was black and syrian. She always felt like the odd man out and no one would ever let her forget it. Her dream was to one day go to california and be an actress but she figured that she wouldnt stand a chance in the acting world 1. she was too tall 2. She was too big and 3. actual black representation in film is a rare sighting. She is in her senior year in highschool and works 2 jobs to try and save up for acting school next year. Her parents were no help , her dad died when she was 8 and her mom has been off the rails ever since , nonstop drinking , mysterious men come and go in and out of her house freely and for some unknown reason she resented her only child more than anyone on the planet. Her mom felt that she should prepare Y/n for the world be making sure her daughter already knew that she was not liked, nor loved and is only seen as a burden or as her mom puts it "Bitch I cant fucking stand you! I wish I wouldve swallowed ya fast ass ! You are nothing but a fat ass disappointment and I hope you can keep ya day jobs cuz the second you graduate yo ass is getting kicked the fuck out! Youre a waste space Y/n. A WASTE OF SPACE!!" Those same phrases echo in Y/N' s ears everytime she closes her eyes or looks in the mirror or sings or dances or when she really does anything. She couldnt wait to leave and never come back EVER. The only thing she had to look forward to was the school field trip to Oakland next week for Mrs VanSweringin's advanced theatre class Y/N was one of 15 students chosen and she was working double shifts at both jobs to cover the extra expenses of the trip and still have money to put in her savings. Little did she know that school trip would change her life forever.........

a/n Gahhhhhh this is just a lil taste so yall can get to know y/n and get a sense of where im going with this story
I hope yall like this and I will be updating frequently. SO stay tuned and enjoy the ride

xoxo Coffees