𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎

𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚

𝐀𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚

I woke up to yelling downstairs, Emberly was sleeping over at Gabrielles so i couldn't spend the night at her house meaning i had to listen to my father yell at another one of hes girlfriends.

I climb out of bed reaching for my phone and airpods on my bedside table, i tap the home screen and check the time. 2:29AM
Ive had trouble sleeping for years after my brothers death. although I've visited doctors and therapists for my insomnia, i've just given up on the tablets.

i make my way over to the window right side of my bed, i climb through the window and begin making my way on the roof while putting in my airpods.

sitting down i skip through my songs before reaching into my pocket and grabbing a cigarette along with my hello kitty lighter which i had covered in rhinestones.

After an hour i make my way back through the window and slip under my bed covers in hopes i can get at least an hours worth of sleep.

///

A ray of sunlight shines in my eyes making me open them, i wipe the sleep out before looking over at my phone, oh shit its 7:40.

i push my sheets off and grab a pair of jeans along with a strapless top just before rushing to the bathroom to take a shower.

After my nice cold shower i brush out my hair and grab my makeup covering some red spots with concealer. i hear a car horn just as im making my way downstairs.

i attempt to be as quiet as i can trying not to wake my father "you shut that boyfriend of yours up" to my surprise my fathers awake and not as drunk as i would assumed.

"yea okay" i mumble, i really don't want to talk to him today or frankly any day.

he stumbles up from the couch almost slipping on the way. "talk to me like that again" he raises his finger pointing it in my direction.

"i've gotta go im gonna be late" i say when i push past him making my way out the front door before he could get another word in.

i walk down the footpath arriving at my boyfriends car. Cooper greets me with a smile when i jump in the passenger seat.

"hey babe" he says giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

He starts the car just before i hear a ding come from my phone, i reach in my back pocket pulling it out. "who's that?" cooper questions looking down at my screen.

I look at my screen seeing Emberly's name appear, "just Em, do you think you could drive past Gabrielles house to pick them up" I ask pulling my head from my phone. Em has been my friend ever since my brother died, and i know she may not be the nicest person but she's helped me through a-lot.

Cooper takes an unnecessarily long breath before smiling, "yeah baby of course"

"okay" i drag out the y a little looking out the window, the first day of school has finally come around and i am anything but excited.

I guess im kinda excited for this afternoon though, Em is supposed to have this party for her 18th birthday so I've gotta make sure everything's perfect for it.

We pull up to Gabrielle's house as her and Em walk to the car, "Alicia!, you look gorgeous babe" Em gives me a wink sliding across the backseats with Gabrielle next to her. she can also be a sweetheart when she wants.

When their both settled in, Cooper makes he's way to the school just before first bell giving us some time to hang out.

///

I close my locker with Em standing next to me "do you reckon i should invite college boys too" Em suggests obviously talking about her party tonight, i think its the only thing iv'e heard about all month.

I give her a laugh "you can invite whoever you want Em its your day" she gives me a wide smile and hooks her arm between mine.

"this is why i love you" she grins as we walk towards our period one class. "um ill be right back, im just gonna use the toilet" Em says just as were about to reach our class.

"need me too come?" i suggest, i know if it were me id hate to be alone in a bathroom with many judging faces around.

Em smiles "no babe im alright, meet me in class?" she walks away before i say anything.

fuck i need a smoke, theres no way ill be able to make a whole day without a couple cigarettes. I look around spotting a door to the back off the school. I walk through the door just as i reach into my pocket pulling out my hello kitty lighter along with a cigarette i stuffed in there.

"you know smoking kills" i hear a raspy voice behind me. fucking Hayden.

he makes his way in front of me "oh my i had no idea" i let out a gasp before lighting up my cigarette.

Hayden looks at me for a minute more before pulling out a pack off cigarettes "you mind?" he asks lifting a single one to his lips.

I raise my lighter to his mouth giving it a quick spark. i watch as he inhales the smoke. Id be lying if i said he wasnt attractive, he's brown eyes mixed with his messy hair makes him look heavenly and this lighting is doing him wonders, i truly believe if i didn't hate him i woul-

A loud cough snaps me out of my thoughts "i do wish i could stand here and wait for you to finish admiring me but i have a class im supposed to be in right now" Hayden says with a usual cocky grin. cant believe i was staring at him, i actually think i might be sick.

"your so right i just love admiring the lettuce that seemed to makes its way between your front teeth" I shoot back even though him and i both know theres no lettuce in his teeth. i doubt anyone even eats lettuce at 8 in the morning.

"No way, how are you this funny" sarcasm filled Haydens voice, he's eyes meet mine, god his eyes are beautifu- what the fuck is wrong with me, there literally the colour of shit.

"Ive gotta get to class" i say breaking eye contact with him, i open the back door stepping in to the prison.

///

𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬:
𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐘𝐘𝐘 𝐢𝐦 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢 𝐫𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐟 𝐢 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞

-𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐚