chapter 7

Three days later...

Mikey kept me in this room for three days. But fortunately one of his friends named kakucho would bought me some food and drinks while I stayed here.

He bought me fruits for breakfast, such as apples, bananas, and grapes. And sometimes a coffee or plain water for the beverage.

At lunch he brought me a salad, roasted chicken, or sometimes a cheese burger. And some coke or orange juice as the side beverage.

At dinner, he would always feed me steak or sometimes grilled squid. And some water or wine.

Kakucho doesn't speak to me so I make the effort in asking him questions that I wanna know.

He answered some of my questions but he refused to talk whenever my questions got exclusive. Like asking where am I, or what they do for a living, and who is manjiro sano.

.
.
.

~~~~current time~~~~

.
.
.

I sat on the bed as I read the books kakucho got me.

It's already night and I waited for my dinner to be served.

In the past three days, Mikey didn't even come to visit me after our first and last conversation. My mind kept rethinking about his respond. It was stuck in my mind ever since... And I wanna know the reason.

His response got me emotional and over all the desire to know what he meant.

'what does he mean about that?' i thought to myself.

I lay on the bed and set the book aside. I stared at the ceiling... Wondering... Why am I here in the first place?

I felt lost and confused, at the same time I felt like I got chained into something... Invisible.

I looked back at the book I was reading. I then get a sudden realization. Wondering why I would stay here and read books?

I threw the book on the floor as I thought of a plan...

5 minutes left until kakucho would open that door...

'I could hide behind the door once he opened it...'

'I will sneak behind him and attempt to lock him in that prison, called the bedroom...'

I silently walk to the exit and went behind the door. Beads of sweat on my forehead. My body is shaking...

1 more minutes... And... Kakucho will open the door...

Seconds feels like an eternity... While I wait for the sound of keys jiggling as kakucho would try and unlocked the door.

I waited, very very patiently...

Then...

Finally...

I heard the sound of keys... The door being unlocked... And then I saw the door slowly open...

I saw kakucho walk in and carry a tray of food. He doesnt see me yet, its my chance...

I tiptoed towards the door and exited before he could finally turn around.

"... Y/n?... Y/n!" He got the sudden realization that I was not on the bed anymore. He quickly turned around as I closed the door and locked it.

"Y/n, open this door!" He loudly demanded and punch the door.

I didnt respond and make my way towards the hallway.

I make sure I have to check every corner of the hallway before making a run for it.

I quickly sprinted once the coast is clear. Trying to calm my breathe and sharpen my senses as I make my way towards the exit.

I saw the door. I saw the exit. Im gonna run for it.

I was heading towards the exit... But then... A familiar voice stopped me.

"Where are you going?" Mikey asked me. His monotonous voice making me stop from escaping.

I then saw sanzu infront of the door. He blocked the exit with his body as he looked at me up and down, with a sinister smirk.

"Pretty doll~ please dont leave us~" he spoke.

"Y/n, answer me... Where. Are. You. Going?" Mikey said as his voice became louder and louder behind me.

I turned around and saw him leaning towards me. His body was almost close to mine. And his warm breath sending shivers down my body.

I saw his hands gently touched my cheeks, as it slowly moved down on my shoulders and on my lower back.

He pulled me closer to him as he stared at me dead in the eye.

"Have you been bored of me, y/n?" Mikey asked me.

"I-I cant stay here... Let me go, mikey" I said. Tears formed in my eyes as I looked at him scared and hopeless.

"I provided you delicious meals and a nice place to stay in... Was that not enough?" He asked, his voice suddenly becomes a little irritated.

I avoided his gaze as I have nothing to say...

He grab my chin, forcing me to look at him in the eye. We both stare at each other, but still I see danger in his eyes, then something in my gut telling me about a hint of sadness and loneliness when I looked at those dangerous and expressionless eyes.

We stared like that for merely 10 seconds. Then he slowly loosen his grip on my waist.

He looked at me, then looked at sanzu behind me.

I turned around as sanzu walk away from the exit.

I slowly walk towards the door. As I reached the exit and took another step, a bright light almost blinded me. As I was inside for three days straight.

I continued to walk outside and was stopped by a tall fence in front of me.

"If you escape now.. you can go back to your old life... Paying rents, working at a low paid job, boring friends and no family to go home to..." Mikey spoke behind me as he followed me outside.

"Y/n..." Mikey called me. I slowly turned around facing him. 3 meters away from each other.

"Im gonna ask you, y/n... If you go back to your old life, is there anyone who's willing to offer you a drop of water? Even if it's a tiny bit? ... Or you'll have to wait again for the rain to come?" Mikey asked me. This time his expression changed. I see sadness and loneliness.

He avoided my gaze as he looked to his side while saying those words. My heart shattered as I analyze those words coming from his mouth. It pretty much hurts when reality hits me.

"... I-I... I dont know, mikey" I respond to him. A single tear left my eyes.