chapter 1

Phoenix^^^^^^
Phoenix pov
" Luna, everything will be fine. Alpha Roberts is the strongest alpha I've ever met" I force a small smile onto my tired and washed out face. She began to rub her small baby bump, a small helpless smile fell onto her face. Everyone, especially mothers knew that when we're attacked that the only possible way to calm your wolf down is to have your pups near, and as close to you as possible. "So have you thought of any names yet?" Her smile began to grow, and she began to giggle slightly " well dont tell, Rob because he'll kill me but, I already know im having a boy called... Damien" I knew exactly why she was laughing know, they are supposed to find out the sex next Tuesday. Unexpectedly a soaring pain shooted through my spine, my mate Alex he's hurt. I could feel my wolf clawing to the surface. Emily (luna) looked at me with concern, I slowly looked down where my mark lay, my skin burning, and then nothing. Literally. I felt my eyes water slightly, my mate is gone. But he promised to return, he promised. I began to sob into my hands. Although, books often exaggerate the pain you feel when you loose your mate, its the emptiness inside after thats worse. I felt a walm hand rubbing my back, Emily tried whispering comforting words into my ear but I just could stop crying. I still can't believe that my only chance of happiness is gone.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hours passed, until we where finally given the all clear. Emily rushed out and ran to her mate, a small pang of jealousy hit me knowing I could never hug my mate again. " sorry, eerm... Alpha do yyou know wwhere Alex is" his smile dropped slightly, "his body has been... well ripped to shreds, we are unable to find his body" a lump the size of the world stuck in my throat. Not only did they take away the man I loved but they where so careless that they made him unrecognisable. Before I could stop her my wolf took over, shifting into my dark blue wolf we quickly ran to the river by the pack.

Once I reached the river, I shifted and sat by our tree. Although it was only faint I could smell him, comforting me slightly, knowing I had treasured memories. ' what are we going to do?' My wolf chel asked, and she had a point. Can I really stay here knowing that everything we had built together was here, although the memories remained, I know deep down they will only make my sorrow grow. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Alexs younger brother Dylan walk towards me. I growled slightly to show him I wasnt really up for company but he just ignored me and sat down anyway. " How are you feeling?" I just want to punch him square in the face, who even asks a question like that, " my mates just died, guess" I understand he has lost his only sibling, his brother the man who he always looked up to.

" listern, I just wanted to tell you that although I dont know exactly how you feel, I probably feel very simular. I lost the only close family I have left. Maybe we could help each other" a reassuring smile came to his lips. I just nodded my head, not wanting to break down again, after all if I cry anymore I probably won't be able to stop. ' Pack meeting now' the alphas voice rung through the link, quickly making my way over I took a seat next to Dylan and his girlfriend Ava they're not mates but they care dearly for each other. " As you are all aware we had a battle with the rouge pack, dry blood. We won however we have taken over 200 injured men, and sadly we lost 2 men, one of them being Beta Alex and the other being sam ( mate died because of a rare blood disease). However im proud to announce Dylan, Alexs younger brother as your new beta". And thats when I noticed the dark blue lines across his collar bones, marking him our beta. I remember the day me and Alex saw those lines appear on his body, I was so proud of him. You can see the adoration on Avas face. " on a further note the starwell pack are coming for a meeting regarding the rouge attack. Dismissed" everyone left and went back to there homes.

I ran upto my room, Alexs scent strangling me. I quickly ran into the bathroom an got a quick shower, I then put my training gear on. I put my blonde hair back into a slick pony tail and tied my laces. I then made my way to the pack gym. As you would probably expect its massive because of the 800 pack members that live here. I wandered over to the tredmill and began running steadily for about 30 minutes, I then spent a good 40 minutes on the punching bag and then went onto the rowing machine for 20 minutes. Once I was finished my face and body was hot and sweaty a very unattractive look. However, im not quite done yet I quickly shifted, and took of towards the pack boarder. Some of the wolves that I went past on border control gave me sympathetic looks, I quickly shifted and jonh did the same. "Hi Phoenix, sorry about Alex if there is anything you need, please just ask, okay?" I didnt come all this way to be taken pity on, " thanks, but I just came out here to see if uou want some company on boarder control " his mouth formed a slight 'O' shape. " Well if u you really want to, but I have to warn you though the starwell pack are coming through tonight".