chapter 4

Cassie^^^^^^^
Phoenix pov
Heat, not the nice heat that you get from a hug but the sickly heat that comes from sitting to close to a fire, or radiator. " Looks like a phoenix will rise from the ashes hey, nixa" his voice void of any human emotion, but that didnt stop my wolf from purring in joy because he said our nickname. " well we have eaten and we need more fire wood, get to work chop, chop" I then felt a hard kick on my left hip. Standing up I began to collect the empty plates that where scattered around the fire, I then slowly made my way towards the stream and began to wash the dishes. Once I wad satisfied that they where clean I began the dangerous walk back to camp. " Did you hear, apparently the 'alpha' has found his mate and become weak" I heard from the distance, " that girl would have been dead by know, you should test him. Challenge Xavier james, you have nothing to loose" a girl spoke within the distance.

'See we are mates, we would be dead otherwise' chels voice giddy. I just role my eyes before marching back over to the camp. "Hurry up the fire will burn out, it doesnt take that long to wash a few plates" he then threw them into a backpack and sat down. "I James challenge you Xavier for the role as alpha" instead of growling like I expected he just laughed, like literally stomach hurting laughed. " Wow, didnt take you long did it cassie, 2 hours to talk this whimp around" james looked around confused before Xavier snapped the poor guys neck. He then handed this girl who I guess is cassie a 20 pound note. I couldnt help but stare in shock at what I had just seen, does he like this cassie? Did he wish that they where mates? Wait I dont care because we're not mates its just chel getting into my head as normal.

" What are you staring at, wait is she.... omg man congrats" cassie then punched him in the arm and walked over to me, she began examining me. " Wow I bet your hot when you try, like in a dress with make up ehh " she then patted me on the back before walking back over to xavier and whispering something in his ear. Its weird seeing him so relaxed and calm, I guess the pair are extremely close family or partners. " GO AND GET THE WOOD" catching me of guard I squealed and jumped, before scampering off into the forrest. How can one man be so bipolar, one moment hes serious you know snapping someones neck the next hes laughing, no sane person can be like that can they, if he is my mate, a big if then it would be to dangerous wouldnt it, you never know what side of him you'll get, the side that makes you smile or the side that makes your blood run cold.

After collecting as much wood possible I began making my way back to camp. I couldnt help but admire all of the creatures and plants surrounding me, as a pack wolf you never go much futher than your own territory, and if you do leave its by car, I mean being rouge so far has one up, its freakin beautiful. However my trance was stopped. Snap, shooting my head around I dropped the wood and got into a defensive stance.

" Oh so the rumours are true, he let a pack wolf an alpha at that live. Such a shame you'll have to die by my hand" the rouge stood infront of me didnt belong to xaviers pack, he was to dirty. The guy in front of was about 30ish, he had long brown hair and mucky brown eyes, but he was only small, 5ft 7 at most. Although the odds appear to be in my favour I dont know how he fights. Without waiting a second longer I shifted into my blue - black wolf, he then also shifted, into his golden brown wolf. Without waisting another second I lunged for its throat, missing it by centimetres, although his wolf is alot smaller than mine its makes him a bit faster. So I just have to wait for him to make the move. And it didnt take long, he lunged at me his teeth aimed at my neck, dogging it I clawed at his hind legs before sinking my teeth firmly in his neck.

I dropped his useless body onto the floor, however it didnt take long for xavier and cassie to arrive at the scene, surprisingly cassie was congratulating me on beating him. "Well come on xavier, try tell me you are not proud of her" her hands resting firmly on my shoulders, while she bounced up and down my body wobbling a little. " pick the wood up" so I kneeled down to pick it up.

Once I had it all within my grasp I began making my way back to camp. "Alpha, I want ro challenge your mate , for the role as luna" a girl from the camp muttered, considering she was rouge she looked more like the traditional pack slut, her obvious bleached blonde hair had thick roots towards the top of her head, they where a dark gingery red, and somehow she managed to apply make up, and dont get me started on her clothing she was wearing shorts that could easily be mistaken for knickers and a brandeau should I even call it an outfit. xavier wrapped his hand around her small neck and brought her body close to his, " Listern, and listern good, she is not my mate but she is the next inline for alpha, and her father will pay a lot that is her why she still lives" his lips close to the girls ear, she let out a shiver of fear as she must have realised her stupid mistake. 'I told you' my voice hard and almost cold, I then heard chel whimper before closing off our link. He then tighted his hold on her neck, and snap. He then turned around and looked me straight in the eye and I saw the evil glint in his eyes, the one that can send shivers of fear through your body, makes all your hair stand on end and your toes curl. This is infront of me is a product of pure evil, and his name is Xavier.