Confrontation

Third Person POV:

The Ender prince froze, how did the Ender King already know about the child? They had just gotten back from the trip.

"Either way, I don't really care. As long as the child gives us some popularity then it shouldn't be a problem. After all, the public adores children." The Ender King said.

The taller then clenched their fists, their father is always like this. Only caring about face and popularity. They only have to endure the King's behavior just for a little longer.

"Anyhow, I just wanted to let you know that your coronation is this week. However, I don't have a date set just yet, working on it though." The King spoke.

There was silence, for a handful of minutes. Then the sound of the King's footsteps could be heard, walking away.

The dual colored let out an exasperated sigh and sat back down on the bed. They pinch the bridge of their nose and muttered swears.

"Boo.." The Overworld prince said, walking towards the other.

"I-I just...he..I..he's so fucking annoying.." The Ender prince stuttered, whispering the last part.

"Try not to think about it too much." The brunet said, taking the other's hand, holding it.

Shuffling then could be heard coming from the basket, a yawn following. The child in the basket had awakened.

"Oh right, the kid." The taller said, turning to face the direction of the basket.

The brunet let go of the other's hand and walked towards the basket. The child was sitting upright, he then reached out his arms. The child wanted to be picked up.

The moobloom chuckled, picking up the child. The shorter then walked to the bed and sat down next to the bicolored.

"What were you doing out there? All by yourself? Where were your parents?" The Ender prince asked the piglin, not expecting an answer.

Suddenly, the child started to tremble and his eyes were starting to look glossy.

"Oh no, I'm sorry. I didn't.." The dual colored quickly apologized, taking the child from the brunet's arms.

"M...Mama..." The piglin stuttered, tears were already falling down his cheeks.

"Shh, it's okay.." The brunet said, attempting to console the grieving child.

"It's okay, I'm sure she's alive.." The taller reassured the kid.

The piglin shook his head sideways, vigorously. Indicating, that his mother was in fact not alive.

The duo didn't know how to console the kid, both have never dealt with this before. The Ender prince is an only child and the Overworld prince has a younger sister-

An idea then came to the Overworld prince, he knows a way that might work to comfort the weeping piglin.

It worked for his sister when she was younger, and it still does!

The shorter prince then got up and went towards the closet. When he was back in his kingdom, he packed his ukulele. The prince then found his instrument and went back to sit on the bed with the other.

The moobloom then struck the strings, slowly repeating the movement again and again, steadily forming a melody.

The child then stopped crying, he liked the melody. The piglin calmed down after a minute, resting in the bicolored's arms.

Eventually, once the child had fully calmed down, the brunet finished the melody, placing the ukulele beside him.

"I didn't know you could play an instrument." The Ender prince whispered, surprised.