Side Act 1; The Butler

(Y/N) should have read the fine print before summoning her familiar...

 [Once a Summon has been created they cannot be de-summoned.]

 The zombie could only stare at the screen before her as the merman stood quietly for his first command. Looking back and forth between the two, stress clawed at the zombie's throat as panic began to set it.

 'How am I going to explain to Rimuru that I got a random subordinate now...' (Y/N) clawed at her face, eyes snapping open after her hands slid down her cheeks, 'How am I going to explain to the guards about a random merman in the city!?...'.

 (Y/N) raked her hands over her face, pacing back and forth within the alleyway, mind ablaze with tumoral with the sudden realization that consequences are a thing that exists. The chatter and noise of the streets fading to white noise the longer the zombie dwelled within her dread. In the background, if the undead ever realized, the merman could be seen with a blank, happy look on his face and a soft tilt of his head in confusion.

[...]

 'If,... if I could sneak him out then....' the zombie thoughts droned on, chewing at her nails with a glazed look.

[.............]

 The zombie still remained unresponsive.

[*Inhale*]

[(Y/N) Tempest!!!!]

 "WHAT!?" the zombie snapped, shouting aloud in frustration. The merman's ears quivered at the sudden yell from his master.

[ >:| Rude.]

[Instead of moping and being unproductive; how about giving your familiar a proper name instead of scaring him.]

"I'm not 'being unproductive'! I'm thinking of valid and real consequences of my actions-...." the undead argued as she turned towards the merman, voice quieting to a whisper at the sight of his body tremors. The man bowing even lower than before amidst his shakings.

 "My deepest apologies master form the results of my inaction. Please punish me as you deem fit!" the mer spoke as he lowered his head further, purple hair brushing against the cobbled street. 

 'Well now I feel bad.' (Y/N) sighed.

[ {Mer-Summon} The immense disappoint of acquiring the wrath of his master for the first time has instilled the intense desire to serve and please his creator; the following thoughts and feelings has resulted in the development of a new Core Trait.]

[ {Mer-Summon} New Core Trait Obtained: 'Servile'.]

 'Now I feel worse.' The zombie sweat as she watched the familiar essentially beg for a punishment he didn't deserve.

[I had warned you about how sensitive and impressionable the summons can be. Just about any outside forces can manipulate their developing mentalities.]

 The zombies' eye twitched, 'You never said this impressionable!'.

[You're basically working with babies in adult bodies.]