𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑬.

THREE DAYS HAD BECOME A WEEK

PONYBOY AND JOHNNY HAVE NOW SPENT A WEEK IN ISOLATION, they haven't heard or seen from their friend dallas who claimed they'd visit once they got up to jay mountain. the duo were starving after they had ran out of food and couldn't go back to the market now that the whole story has been out, 5 days was enough for the whole town to go out and attempt to find two juveniles who were in connection with the murder of bob sheldon.

ponyboy had nightmares every night of him being killed, he was a greaser so he'd picture the most brutal act. johnny on the other hand couldn't care less about what would happen to him, he felt like his parents would do the worst out of everybody, so he'd just enjoy the alone time he has on the hill before he gets dragged into the cooler.

they didn't know what time it was but the sky told them it was at the asscrack of dawn,it's just that they wanted to rest their feet by lying on the benches of the church for hours.

branches from outside starting to crunch, ponyboy jumped out of his seat.

"that ain't no raccoon so what the hell is that?" johnny panicked.

"freeze, tulsa police!" dallas yells as he jumped into the church, holding out a gun.

"where the fuck did you get that?!" ponyboy angrily shouts as he hides behind the bench.

"don't worry, it ain't real." dallas smirks, "anyway, i came to take you guys back home."

they stared him down weirdly.

"okay so i talked to cherry and lilly, they said they'd help us with the court case once you guys come back." dallas explained, "lilly said she would tell the judge that y'all did it in self-defense and cherry will tell them that bob was extremely drunk."

"but what if the judge takes me and soda away from darry?" ponyboy worriedly asks.

"they're not, jesus. ponyboy, you were jumped by bob so how the hell are they gonna take you away from darry for being jumped?" dallas retorted.

ponyboy sighed when he realized that dallas wasn't gonna answer anymore questions, "whatever but we're going home today."

they get up without even trying to get ready, johnny and ponyboy have been away from home for so long that they forgot what a shower was. as they got out of the church, ponyboy had to slap off all the flies that tried to land on him. johnny was so used to being surrounded by bugs because of having to sleep in the vacant lot every other night.

dallas forces them to hop in the car, ponyboy sat in the back, letting johnny take over the passenger seat. they all drive off with the harsh wind flowing through their faces. dallas wanted to test the limit by fully stomping on the gas pedal.

the car pulls into the parking lot of a dairy queen, parked too far from the fast food restaurant, avoiding people passing by.

dallas leaves johnny and ponyboy unattended in the car as he went to go get them something to eat. they didn't care what he got them as long as it wasn't bologna on whole wheat.