20

Sunghoon POV

I wake up on my birthday to the sound of my phone buzzing. I rub the sleep from my eyes and groggily reach for my phone. It's a text from Namra.

"Happy birthday, Sunghoon! I have a surprise for you."

I smile at the message. Namra has always been one to go all out for special occasions. I reply, "Thank you, Namra! Can't wait to see what you have planned."

As I get out of bed and get ready for the day, I can't help but feel curious. Namra has always been full of surprises, and I know this is going to be a good one.

 Namra has always been full of surprises, and I know this is going to be a good one

When Namra arrives at my apartment, I can barely contain my excitement. 

"What is it?" I ask as soon as I open the door

"We're going on a weekend getaway to a cabin in the woods!" Namra exclaims.

My eyes widen in surprise. "Namra, this is incredible. You really went all out."

"I just wanted to do something special for you," Namra says with a smile. 

"We can hike, relax by the fireplace, and cook meals together."

I feel a warmth spread through my chest. Namra has thought of everything. 

"I'm so lucky to have you in my life, Namra. I love you."

Namra's cheeks turn pink. "I love you too, Sunghoon. Let's make this weekend unforgettable."

As we drive towards the cabin, I can't help but feel grateful for Namra. She has always been my rock, my constant support, and this weekend is a testament to her unwavering love.

As we arrive at the cabin, I'm struck by the beauty of the surrounding forest. Namra leads me inside, and we explore the cozy space, taking in every detail.

Over the next few days, we hike through the woods, snuggle by the fireplace, and cook delicious meals together. It's a weekend filled with laughter, love, and cherished memories.

As we pack up to leave, I know that I will never forget this weekend or the incredible woman by my side. I look at Namra and smile. "Thank you for the best birthday ever, Namra. I love you."

Namra's eyes shine with happiness. "I love you too, Sunghoon. Here's to many more adventures together."

Meanwhile

Aera POV 

Sunoo has been weirdly avoiding me for the past few days. He would even stay in the same place as me for more than ten seconds nor would he talk to me even about anything related to work.

Have I done anything  wrong?

I am now getting impatient. I really need his reviews and consent for this work. I make my way towards Sunoo's cabin.

"I want to meet Mr. Kim." I tell his assistant.

"Ma'am he is busy right now, but you can tell me and i will convey the message to him." she replied after the phone with him.

"No, I need to get in now!" I ay and make my way inside without listening to her.

There he is. He doesn't seem busy.

"Sunoo! I need to talk to you!" I start. " Why have you been avoiding me since a few days? I know we don't like each others compa-"

"You don't like my company! I don't mind being with you and as your boss I don't need to give you a reason to avoid you."

"But its affecting my work?" I said.

"I don't care! Just leave me alone now." he said.

" How can you say that you don't care? Maybe you don't care about me but don't you-"

I was interrupted again by him," But I had always cared Aera, you were the one who never cared to hear me out!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Did you care to know why did i break up with Hyejoon? Did you care to know if i was really the father of her child?"

"But who else-"

"It want me Aera! But YOU DONT CARE! Isn't it?"

There was seriousness in his voice. 

He was definitely telling the truth.

"It was never me. She wanted to date me even though I didn't like her. we had a deal that if I don't like her back within 3 months we will break up. She was the one who got drunk at the party and hooked up with Gyushin and ended up getting pregnant. She was the one who didn't want you to know that because you'll be angry. She was the one who came to me t ask for help to get in touch with Gyushin, Aera. Nothing more, nothing less!" He said as he let out a loud breathless sigh.

My heart sank.

"Why didn't you tell me the truth from the beginning?" I asked, my voice shaking. 

Sunoo POV 

"Why didn't you tell me the truth from the beginning?" Aera asked, her voice shaking.

I realised how harsh I have been speaking. I let everything I was holding back till today. It would be so overwhelming for her. So I calmed down looking at her in that condition.

"I didn't want to hurt you any more than I already had. I thought I was protecting you because you weren't in the situation to listen to anything." I said, looking into her eyes.

"But you ended up hurting me more," she said, tears streaming down her face.

She looked at me for a moment, trying to process everything. 

"I need some time, Sunoo," she said, pulling her hand away from mine.

"I know, I understand," I said, looking down.

Aera got up leaving my cabin.

.

.

.

(A/N: The truth is finally out.)