Simple

As I finished writing a story I had been working on, I got out of my chair and collapsed onto my tiny bed. I looked around me and noticed all of the papers scattered along my dusty oak floor. Slowly I got off my creaking bed and walked over to my only window. I pushed against it as hard as I could and it suddenly it burst open with beams of sunlight streaming into my room.
My name is Joseph and me and my parents live in a small town. Our house is located on the upper floor of an apothecary shop. I peeked out my window and see the bustling people and smell the scent of fresh bread and honey. I let out a long sigh and walked over to my desk to put away my notebook when I heard a loud crashing of glass. I quickly thrust open my door and ran down the stairs into the shop where my grandmother was standing behind the cash register. My grandfather had owned the shop but he died so he handed it down to his daughter who happened to be my mother.
My parents usually worked every day and the only other person who wanted to work there was my grandmother. She wasn't very smart and she was a little wild.
"Grandmother!" I said as I got the broom out of the closet and began sweeping up the tiny glass shards, "what did you do?"
"Oh sweetie, I dropped it!" She said with a giggle. Of course I thought on my head.
"Grandma, would you mind if I walk around outside?" I asked. Deep down I knew my parents would be furious if I left my grandmother alone and in the shop but I felt the need to walk around.
"Oh sure," she said with a bright smile, "I can take care of it here!"
"Thanks grandmother!" I said as I gave her a hug and sprinted out the door into the city streets.