Revealance

When my vision had become dark, all I could think about was why I was here. I began to grow depressed. The picture of my parents began to enter my mind. Then I began to think of Hailey and my clumsy grandmother. I began to realize how much I feared the Sunlock Tribe and how much I disliked the silver bracelet that sat on my wrist, watching me and all of my failures.

My vision started to clear up but all I could see was my reflection in the wet, stone walls. I turned my head to look over the dark river and noticed the girl wasn't there. I stood up and ran to the water's edge until my ankles were submerged in the water. I called out "where are you?" I took two more steps forward and then I heard the girl's voice from behind me say "don't move," I hastily froze in place wondering if I was in any danger. Then I heard her say "turn around slowly," as I turned around I saw her crouched on the ground, not moving a muscle. Above her I saw a tall, thin man's shadow and it appeared that he was gripping something. The girl then said "when I say run, run." I quickly responded "okay," and turned back to the river.

     All of the sudden I heard her start to yell but I didn't hear the word "run" so I stayed in my place. I could tell by the noises that were echoing in the void that she was fighting someone or something. Then I heard a loud crash that sounded like a rock had fallen and right when the sound rang through the void I heard the word: run.

     I quickly darted across the icy river and began to paddle as hard as I could, ignoring the burning from my muscles. When I reached the other side of the river I turned around to see what had happened. Apparently, the shadow figure had been attacking the girl and she had tried to fight him off but then he touched what he was gripping and then the rocks began to come loose and fall. I saw the girl swimming across the river. Large, heavy rocks were splashing all around her. I ran to the water until it was up to my knees and helped her onto shore. We both got up and ran, dodging rocks and looking for a safe haven.

     As we ran, I frantically looked for a place to hide. Without any forewarning, the girl jumped on my back, knocking me down. I looked over to where I was standing before and saw a enormous boulder crash down on the stone floor. The girl quickly hopped off my back and continues to run at her top speed. Trying to get up as fast as I could, I noticed a slot indentation in the stone wall that was barely noticeable. I yelled at the girl and when she saw me, I pointed to it and she continued running to the wall. I trailed after her, every so often looking up to see if I was about be crushed. I looked at the girl and saw she was nearing the slot. After about five seconds, she slid in the wet stone floor and drifted into safety. I quickly picked up my speed and did the same, sliding under the slot which didn't give the two of us much room. I peeked my head out the window and saw the shadow looked straight at us. It raised it hand and with every movement of its hands, the river obeyed. As his thin hands raised into the air, the dark river floated into the air and then he pushed his hand forward and the wall of water shot at us.

     As the water surged toward us, the girl yelled at me, "DO SOMETHING!" I tried to brainstorm ideas but the only thing I could do was.... the bracelet. I reached for my wrist and touched the lit torch on my bracelet and the a blinding white light shown thrift the void, forcing the shadowy figure to disappear. The moment he faded into nothing, the wall of water immediately dropped onto the stone floor.

"How'd you do that?" The girl asked with an enraged look on her face.

"I...umm..." I said with a soft voice and looked the other way, not wanting to face her.

"Show me your wrist, now," she said as she grabbed my arm and pulled up my sleeve.
"The bracelet..."

"Look, I didn't want to cause any issues with you and I didn't know if it was important or not. I thought it was just some bracelet I didn't know it would...." I trailed off my rant not wanting to make the girl any more unhappy than she was.

"This, this was the reason I left the Sunlock Tribe, this was the reason I left everything!" She said with a angry yet pleased look about her.

     After about five minutes of laying in the slot just to be safe I left the slot and sat by the river. The girl hadn't left the slot and I had let her be because I had a feeling she had fallen asleep. I looked down at the dark, cold water and saw my reflection. My face was covered in dirt and my brown hair was tangled from all this time in the void. I slowly began to think about my old life but forced myself to think of another subject because this concept was too emotional for me. I slapped the water with my hand and my reflection wavered and disappeared. I got up and walked over to the slot.

"Hey," I said, "wake up!" I reached my hand in to poke her in the hopes she'd wake up, but my fingers just touched wet stone. I crouched down to look in the slot and noticed that the girl had disappeared. I crawled in the slot and noticed a slight slope upwards in the slot. I began to crawl up the slope until I was consumed in darkness.