Chapter 5|| Teachings

So here they were hours later in Aurora's bedroom laying on the bed

So here they were hours later in Aurora's bedroom laying on the bed.A journal and multiple books,that the tracker took from the library archive, were scattered all over.

"Okay so from what I just told you mark the dates that the masters are celebrated," He imstructs the girl.

Aurora looks down at her journal flipping through the pages rapidly to find the information.Taking a highlighter to mark the dates she hands it over to Demetri to look over.

"Well done," He smiles."It only took you one try."

"Demetri," Felix says interrupting."I acquire your assistance in the throne room.Can I borrow him Aurora?"

Aurora looks up from her book to see Felix and Alec near the entrance of her room.

"I'll be back momentarily love," Demetri says following the giant."Keep going over the information."

Alec looks at Demetri as he walks past him closing the door behind him.He brushes by the brunette before taking Demetri's previous spot.

"Hello Alec," Aurora says greeting him before picking up another book."What brings you here?"

To say that he was jealous would be an understatement,the boy's skin was crawling with envy and there was no one to blame but himself.

"My mate," Is all he says."Aurora I'd like to apologize.I promised to be back and my duties piled up so much while I was away that I had to finish it all in one go if I wanted to have the afternoons free for you not that it excuses my behavior."

"It's alright," Aurora tells him."I understood what I was getting into being the mate of a guard.You have your loyalty to the kings."

"My loyalty lies with you," Alec replies."You're the woman I will be spending eternity with."

"That's flattering," Aurora looks at him."Tell me more would you corazón?"

"I will," He says."Ask me anything."

"What exactly is the extent of your gift," Aurora asks him."You have a very strong power."

"Sensory deprivation is a powerful offensive talent," Alec tells her."It helps me reach multiple people over a large radius."

"Could you please show me," Aurora ask leaning in to him.

Alec points his hands towards the floor and then looks at Aurora.

"Can you see it?" Alec asks her.

"I wouldn't be able to if not for the outline," Aurora points out."Your gift can't be see by the enemy which is convenient."

"It is," Alec says pulls his hands towards himself.
"So tell me did you learn anything with Demetri?"

"Yes," Aurora looks at him."He's been briefing me over the Volturi timeline."

"I should've been the one doing that," He tells her.

"You could help me with the rest," Aurora suggests."I'm almost done."

"Come here then," Alec says patting the spot near the headboard.

Aurora grabs the remaining books and lays next to her mate as he pulls her in to lean on him.His natural scent raising a sigh of content from the brunette.

"Alright then let's get started," He says.

"You did great amore mío," Alec praises after returning from the library."It took me a while to finish this you know."

"Thank you," Aurora smiles."I was always told I was a quick learner."

The boy turns to look into her eyes,watching as she blinks when he looks at her.Aurora looks into his own before raising a hand to trace his lips.Jane and Alec look very similar to one another and Aurora has taken note of the small mannerisms both of the twins share such as the scrunch on their face when something irritates them or the small grin they both share when justice is being served.

Leaning in to her mate, Alec brings an arm around her mid waist and pulls her onto of him as he rests against the headboard.The girl captures his almost full lips between hers as his hands roam her back.

Alec groans content with the physical touch, a hand sliding up to pull her closer to his body. Aurora nips her teeth gently at his lower lip before leaving a trail of kisses down his jawline.

"Cara Mia," Alec breathes out.

Aurora leaves one last kiss before pulling away and laying half of her body over his.Alec's hands intertwine with hers as their breathing evens out. Both basking in their bond with one another.

"Did you ever think you would find a mate," Alec asks after catching his breath.

"I knew it would be a possibility," Aurora replies."I thought I had a slim chance and would not even know they exist after perishing from this life."

"I used to think that having a mate would be a waste of my time," Alec looks down."and when I saw you in the clearing I couldn't help but feel how wrong I've been."

"Right here and now I can safely say that this is the kind of life that I want.The only one I want,one with you in it.Loyal to the kings during the day and worshiping every bit of your being by night."

"That sounds scandalous," Aurora tells him breaking out into a grin."What would the kings think if they heard their most elite guard speaking like this?"

Alec brings a finger up to his lips and makes a zipper like motion.

"There is one thing I want to do though," Aurora says placing a hand on his chest.

"And what would that be?" Alec questions the girl.

"Tell me things that Jane likes," The brunette replies. "Besides you know torturing other people for fun. Jane and you are masochistic."

"It comes with being centuries old I presume," Her mate shrugs."You tend to pick up the habits of those around you."

The girl nods along to what he says noting every small detail as his voice fades out.Light brown and slightly shaggy hair,an almost heart shaped face like his twin,full pink lips with the lower one one being just a tad bit fuller than the top one and those blood red irises outlined with a deeper burgundy color on the outside.

This man infront of her was an innocent looking boy with one of the most powerful gifts the empire in Volterra could have and she had him withering underneath her person just mere minutes ago.