Chapter Three

"Good morning!" Mom yelled from her bedroom as I started getting ready for school. More like bad morning. Once I finished getting ready I walked downstairs wearing my black leggings with a white oversized Victoria's Secret PINK sweatshirt that said "PINK" on the back in pink sparkles and black boots this time. I said bye to mom and headed out the door. Once I started walking towards the bus stop, Cassie ran up to me, trying to catch her breath. "Hold on, Elle!" "Huh? Oh, sorry Cassie. I had my earphones in and was getting into the song." "How are you feeling this morning? You didn't really talk much last night." Cassie said, trying to stifle a smile. "I'm alright, I guess. I just don't know what to do. What if I run into Tyler?" I frowned. "Then you talk to him." "But what about Lacey-" "WHO CARES about Lacey. She can fall into a pit for all I care. She doesn't control your life. YOU do." I nodded in agreement "I suppose."

Once our bus arrived, everybody was talking in their groups. Today was MUCH more calm than yesterday. I looked around for Tyler when I spotted him in the parking lot next to a big jet black jeep along with Dean and some other guys and then I saw Lacey and her group of witches walking up to Tyler. Once Lacey saw me standing there she winked evilly and kissed Tyler on the side of his cheek. God that made my blood boil.

Once the bell rang, we walked to our lockers and saw Tyler and Dean already there. Just as Tyler was about to walk up to me Lacey and her witches walked up behind him. "Look what the cat dragged in." As her witches laughed behind her and gave us dirty looks. "I don't have time for this today." I said as I was about to turn around when Tyler looked behind them and saw Lacey standing there, and right before Tyler could say anything Lacey kissed him on the lips and looked at me, then pulled him away towards their classrooms. "I can't believe her." Cassie said when she looked down and saw me clinching my fists together. "Don't let her get to you. That's what she wants."

1st period went by pretty quick. We just had to turn in those expectation packets that the teachers make your parents sign, and to write down some definitions. Cassie and I just talked the whole time about what was going to happen today while we worked. When the bell rang Cassie smirked and said "time for "chemistry" with Tyler".

Once I walked into chemistry I saw Tyler sitting there spacing out until he saw me and he stood up. Great, here we go. I thought as I let out a huge breath.

"What was that about this morning? Was Lacey talking about you?" "Oh, uh. I'm not sure. Maybe some girl tried to wear the same outfit as her..." when I said that Tyler let out a small laugh and said "Hah. Maybe." Then looked out the window. I was just about to say something when the announcer came on. "GOOD MORNING BEACHWOOD DOLPHINS. WE HAVE A VERY SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER THIS MORNING FROM OUR CAPTAIN OF THE VARSITY CHEERLEADING TEAM! THE VERY ONE! THE VERY ONLY! LACEY LANE!"

Oh god.

"GOOD MORNING ALL! I HOPE THAT YOU'RE ALL HAVING A FANTASTIC MORNING. I'D LIKE TO SAY THAT OUR NEWCOMING STUDENTS THIS YEAR ARE GREAT AND HAVE A LOT OF POTENTIAL. IF YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE GOOD ENOUGH TO JOIN OUR SQUAD OR EVEN THE JV SQUAD, COME TO TRYOUTS TOMORROW IN THE CAFETERIA AFTER SCHOOL WEARING A WHITE TSHIRT AND BLACK SPANDEX SHORTS. ALSO, I'D LIKE TO SAY, YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO MAKE A BAD IMPRESSION WITH ME. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE-" "OKAY LACEY, THAT'S GOOD THANK YOU."

I laughed as I heard the main guy taking the the intercom away from Lacey, and her pouting. Tyler looked at me, and once he saw me laughing, he started laughing too.

"ANYWAYS, AS LACEY SAID, CHEERLEADING TRYOUTS ARE TOMORROW AFTERSCHOOL IN TH CAFETERIA, AND THAT YOU ARE TO BRING OR WEAR A WHITE T SHIRT WITH BLACK SHORTS. ALSO, FOOTBALL TRYOUTS WILL BE IN THE FOOTBALL FIELD TOMORROW AFTERSCHOOL. THE OTHER SPORT TRYOUTS WILL BE LISTED ON PAPERS AROUND THE SCHOOL. HAVE A WONDERFUL REST OF YOUR DAY BEACHWOOD HIGH STUDENTS!"