Chapter Five

It's been about a month since everything happened. Tyler and I spend a lot more time together now that Lacey isn't threatening my life. Dean and Riley have been hanging out a lot, and I still hang out with Cassie and Riley every other day. To be honest, things have actually gotten a lot better. It's just crazy how so much happened in the first month of school.

I heard the sound of moms keys falling down on the counter when I went downstairs. "Hey honey, could you help me put away the groceries before before Greg gets here?" She said smiling, while I heard the beep of her locking her car. "Sure, mom" I said, then smiled before adding "what is Greg coming over for?" "He called and said he was in town and wanted to stop by and see how everything is going with the new house" "just to see the new house mom? Sounds like a pretty nice boss." I said to mom teasingly. As I was putting away groceries my phone lit up, revealing that I was getting a call from Tyler. "I'll be right back mom, Tyler is calling"

I ran up the stairs and pressed accept on the phone, then answered saying "Let me catch my breath real quick, I just ran up the stairs" I heard Tyler laughing through the phone, which made me smile. "What's up, Williams?" "Can you come over?" I looked at my clock noticing that it was 7:30pm. "No, I don't think so." "Why?" Tyler said in a pouty tone.

"Are you drunk?" I asked curiously, before he said "why would you think that?" "Because you're at a party." "Yeah? How are you so sure" I grinned, then responded with "Tyler, I can hear music." "Oh? Going by first names now? I'm intrigued." "Tyler." "Okay, okay. Maybe it's MY party. Come over." "I can't. My mom wants me home for dinner since her "every so friendly" boss is in town." "Then sneak out" "are you kidding me?? My mom would have my head on a plate if she knew I snuck out with a boy from school." "Fine, I'm coming over then." "What! Tyler!-" I yelled as he hung up the phone.

Oh my god, this boy. I swear. What am I supposed to tell mom? Oh yeah mom...by the way this boy I like from school is coming over to the house right now. Could you pass the butter? She's going to kill me.

I ran to my closet and pulled out my favorite denim skirt, then started refreshing my makeup when I heard the doorbell rang. Crap! He's actually here. Now what? Maybe it's just Greg...everything is going to be- "honey? There's a boy at the door asking for you?" Oh my god he actually drove here.

I ran down the stairs to see Tyler standing there grinning, as he shook my moms hand and introduced himself. I SWEAR I AM GOING TO MURDER HIM.

But god, he looked so hot standing there next to Greg in a loose, white t-shirt and blue jeans that hang in that way that makes me nervous, with dark brown, leather Hollister sandals. Once he saw me staring he grinned.

"Honey, you didn't tell me you had plans tonight with this young man" I gave Tyler a "I can't believe you" look, then was thinking of something to say when Greg responded saying "Come on, Maggie. Its Saturday night. Let the kids go out and have some fun." Mom looked at me, then Tyler, then Greg again when Greg added "plus, he seems like a nice kid. We both arrived at the same time and we were talking about his nice ride" mom smiled and said "Alright, I suppose you can go out" making me let out a huge breath of relief when mom added "Under one condition." "Whatever you want, mom" "That he brings you back home, safe and sound." "Thanks mom! You're the best!" I said as I ran up and hugged her.

"Ready?" Tyler said, smiling. "Yeah" I said, smiling back then looked back at mom and Greg as they looked at me like something was up, then I gave the "MOM!" And "don't even" look, making them laugh before Greg finally said "See you kids later!" And closed the door.

Now it was just Tyler and I standing outside in the yard, as the moon shined bright in the sky, and the weather was perfect with a slight breeze. I wanted to kiss him again in that moment, but I panicked and said "So...we should probably get back" making Tyler smile and say "Alright, let's go."