Chapter Nine

♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:*:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥

I awoke to a new surrounding that I wasn't familiar with, and in a bed that was not my own. Where am I? I thought as my eyes scanned this unfamiliar room, only to discover clean clothes neatly stacked on one of those soft chairs that you only see in mansions. Next to my bed was a nightstand with a tray that had a plate of breakfast and a glass with orange juice.

What striked me as most interesting though was that I hadn't woken up in my own clothes. I was wearing a pair of cherry red, satin pajamas. Who undressed me?? I thought feeling afraid. When I didn't see my crutches I figured that I could try to try to walk on my good leg, when my bad leg touched the ground, making me close my eyes expecting there to be excruciating pain when there was nothing. I lifted up my pant leg and gasped when my knee was completely healed as if my injury never happened in the first place. I decided to try the doorknob to see if I had been trapped in here to only find out that it was unlocked. I decided to leave the room to explore the rest of this place when I saw a long hallway that lead to one of the biggest stairwells that I've ever seen in my entire life. Once I walked down the stairs, there were so many rooms that I could get lost in forever.

I was about to walk into the first room when I smelled food, so I turned towards that direction and found a giant modern kitchen. Once I walked into the kitchen there was a man a little bit older than Aidan, who sat at an oversized dining table, reading the daily paper with a fancy coffee cup next to him.

"You know, it isn't polite to stare. Most people would say good morning first." He said, making me freeze, before he added "Oh, for god's sake. Would you please sit down. You're making me anxious just standing there." He said as he set his newspaper to reveal and extremely handsome, and well sculpted face like it was carved from clay.

Who does this man think he is? I pouted as I obeyed him and sat in the chair closest to me. "Where am I?" "Good morning to you too" "You're avoiding the question" I said before my heart stopped when I saw a familiar face walk into the room. "He doesn't have to answer any of your questions, dear. That's what I'm here for."

It was Aidan. I'm in Aidan's house, and I have no idea where we are.

Oh God.

"You look very lovely this morning. I'm also glad to see that you're walking again. Although I was pretty sure that I told Berta to place clothing in your room." He said as his grin fell to a strict frown when he blew a whistle that he pulled from his pocket as an older woman walked quickly into the kitchen.

"Sir"

"Why is our guest walking around in her pajamas? Did you not do as I say as place new clothing in her room?" Aidan said in a strict tone as the older woman said nothing and bowed her head, as if waiting for a punishment.

What the hell is wrong with him..

Before Aidan could say anything else I quickly added "She did. I chose not to wear them." And as soon as I said that, the older woman let out a huge breath of relief.

"What do you want with me?" "I've already told you, dear. I want you. I want your power. I want our powers to come together to create a better world. A new race." "Well, in that case you're out of luck because I don't have any powers." "Oh really? Because you just somehow knew exactly where to find me? You knew where the warehouse was and what it looked like from coincidence? I don't think so." "Okay, so maybe it was a déjà vu dream." "There's where you're wrong, darling. Those were visions! That was only scratching the surface of the potential of what your powers could become! I've been watching you for a while, dear. I've been waiting for you to realize your potential." Aidan said as he started laughing then added "But I honestly never expected for you to fall for my pathetic brother, and that he would be the reason to bring out your powers."