Chapter One

WARNING READERS!

WARNING READERS!

‌• This is a Mature novel that contains occasional adult language and graphic descriptions.
‌• DO NOT COPY THIS STORY AND DO NOT POST THIS INANY WEBSITE.
‌• This book is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are a product of the author's imagination. Any resemblance to an actual person, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.
‌• The uploading, scanning, and distribution of this book in any form or by any means - including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise - without the permission of the author is illegal and punishable by law. Your support of the author's rights is appreciated.

© Rachel Stone, 2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

It was a new town again. Another endless new start. Should I even try to make friends? We were just going to move again... what was the point. My mom moves around a lot, so this whole "new girl" act isn't exactly new anymore to me. You're probably wondering why I move around a lot right? Well, my mom is an author and her boss is on this new thing all about "New places create new memories and adventures to write about" I guess he forgot about me and my life. Mom says that I should keep my head up, and that things will get better. Well, so far it's kinda grey without my best friend around. It's kind of ironic that my mom is an author and I'm writing my own story. Well, it's more of a journal for now.

"Honey, are you excited to go to Beachwood High tomorrow? I heard it's a really great school!" Mom said with excitement, as I kept my gaze out the window exploring what new town awaited me. "Yeah, mom. Totally." When I looked forward I read the frown on my moms face. "Oh, what's the point. We're just going to move again." Her frown deepened when as she said "Just promise me you'll try to enjoy this-" when suddenly my mom shrieked and swerved the car to the side of the road making a hard stop.

"What the hell, mom!"

My mom stepped outside of the car and the man in the moving truck behind us stepped outside and started walking towards my mom with concern in his eyes. "Everything alright, ma'am?" "I believe so, Joe. But something ran into the middle of the street, and then vanished." "Maybe it was a deer. Those pesky animals always running into the middle of the road." "Should I look around? See if it's injured? I don't think I hit anything but-" "Mom, can you just get back into the car before we get killed like in some horror movie" I said as mom looked at me, then back at Joe as Joe gave her one of those "everything will be alright looks" and they both got back into their cars and continued down the road.

Well, this might just be interesting

It was about another hour or so until we pulled up to a nice sized house. About 3-4 bedrooms. Mom definitely wanted the space for her kitchen and her office. "We're here!" Mom said pulling me out of my thoughts. "Hey mom, do you need help unpacking or can I go explore a bit?" "You're ok honey, Joe and I got it under control. Just be back before sundown for dinner ok? Be safe!" Mom said as her voice trailed off when I was halfway down the street. I jogged around the corner seeing nice houses and kids playing in the front yards and couples sitting on a swing in their yard. That's all I've ever wanted. A nice house that I could call home and be comfortable. Instead of rental after rental. I really miss my best friend Riley. She's my closest friend. We're basically sisters at heart. Our moms met like us, as little girls, and something in them just clicked and they've been sisters ever since, and they were ironically pregnant at the same time so we've known each other since practically diapers. We've been through basically everything together. Well, that was until mom decided to move away 3 years ago starting her writing business. Riley and I have always stayed close though throughout all of it. Although mom and Ivy, Riley's mom have lost touch. They never really told us why, but Riley and I didn't let that happen to us.