[04] Joonie Hyung

Warnings: swearing, mention of past trauma, etc.

°•☆•°

"Did you write that?"

Namjoon pointed at the little pink Post-it note stuck to the door of his bedroom, smiling in awe at the cute 'Welcome home' message written on it with coloful pens, with RJ drawn and colored underneath.

Seokjin blushed, looking down as he played with his fingers and nodded slowly. "Y-yeah. I was thinking of drawing myself or something too, but that'd be too childish."

"I don't think it'd be childish," Namjoon said truthfully as he peeled off the note from his door and held it in his hand like a really precious object as he unlocked the door, a Koya key doll hanging from his key chain.

He imagined what Seokjin would've drawn himself like. There'd definitely be prominent features like the mass of soft-looking golden brown hair, innocent-looking eyes and full lips. Namjoon blushed at his own thoughts. But that'd have been adorable.

Seokjin side-glanced at him shyly as he followed him inside, hugging RJ even more tightly because he felt so happy. "Really?"

"Yeah." Namjoon turned around to give him a dimpled smile. "Honestly, I think it's cute."

Seokjin laughed softly, unconsciously twirling his brown wavy locks between his fingers. "Thanks," came the quiet reply.

"No problem."

Once the two were inside and the door was closed, Seokjin plopped down on the bed he'd tidied up and had the pillows arranged even that morning, while Namjoon looked around the room he'd last been inside more than three years ago.

Seokjin watched him with a smile as he got lost in the memories he'd created in this room, all the times he'd shut himself in here and worked hours after hours writing heartfelt lyrics that now had brought him fame.

All the times he'd broken stuff here and got some memorable injuries because of his clumsiness in this bedroom, or how he'd babbled to himself in the mirror complaining about his tough college life because he didn't feel quite comfortable sharing his personal stuff with somebody else as he did with himself.

It hadn't changed at all in the seasons that'd passed by since he locked it up and went to Indigo City. He'd expected every inch of the room to be covered in dust, but he guessed by the comfortable look on Seokjin's face that the smaller male had been here before, and he must've been the one who'd kept the place so neat and perfect.

Namjoon mentally thanked Seokjin because he didn't think he could say it out loud because of the lump in his throat, and decided that he'd pay him back for the troubles he needn't have taken one way or the other.

He just turned to look at Seokjin and smiled at him before walking across the room to one of the walls that were covered with the posters of people and things he admired, some old notes and letters and pictures that all held a special place in his heart.

The younger had spent hours looking at them when Namjoon wasn't there, and knew that they were important to the latter. So, he was delighted when Namjoon stuck his pink note on the wall among all the other ones. He didn't say anything, but the smile on his own lips widened and his eyes sparkled.

Meanwhile, Namjoon looked at the RJ drawing and back at the plushie he'd seen Seokjin hold onto the whole time since he returned home, and understood that just like him with the sweet notes on his walls, this certain plush meant a lot to the younger.

"You take him everywhere, huh?" He said as he sat down beside Seokjin, causing the bed to dip a little.

Seokjin felt shy under his gaze but he nodded, hugging RJ even more as he looked at the large veiny hand that Namjoon rested beside him as he leaned forward a little, a lock of hair falling over his right eye. He looked so gorgeous at this angle...