Chapter Seven: The Vampire, Kas

I opened my eyes and found myself in the void. I had managed to do it on my own. The void was empty, just me stood there in the dark. El said this was how I could talk to Imogen, but where was she? Originally, El couldn't find her. She said she was gone. Barefoot, I began to walk into the abyss of darkness, trying to see if I could hear anything other than the sound of my wet feet tapping on the floor. Suddenly, I heard a soft noise, which sounded like crying. I squinted my eyes and up ahead I could see someone. Someone sat, curled up on the floor, crying into their knees. They wore a hospital gown and had long, curly, platinum blonde hair. It was Imogen. I slowly approached her with a look of sympathy on my face.
"Imogen?" I said, softly. She didn't look up, she continued to cry. I made it right over to her and lowered myself down to her on my knees. I placed my hand on her shoulder. "Imogen...it's me...it's Beth." She suddenly lifted her head up which made me jump, revealing her face. Her eyes were bloodshot with blood tears running down her cheeks.
"B-Beth?" she whimpered. I looked at her with shock. "Is it really you?"
"It...it's me. What happened to you?" I asked.
"He got me. He got my soul. I'm trapped here." she responded. I wasn't use to seeing Imogen like that, weak and vulnerable. I had never seen her in such a feeble state before, it felt almost wrong to see her like that.
"I know. We all saw. I'm so sorry." I said to her. "But...El tried to find you here before and you weren't here...where did you go?"
"I couldn't find my way. I was stuck between death and here. I somehow made it back, but I can't return to my body." she replied. "How...how are you here?"
"Uh...funny story actually. Turns out I have abilities and I'm carrying the child that can destroy Vecna." I said to her. Her eyes gazed down at my stomach. She came out of the curled up position and sat opposite me with her legs to the side.
"Eddie's baby?" she asked.
"Yes." I replied. "Imogen, I've been told you're part of the journey I am on. You can help me bring all of this to an end."
"How?" she asked.
"I have the power to stop Vecna and return things to back before the gate opened. Stopping all of this."
"Turn back time?" she questioned.
"Yes, but I need your help. If this prophecy is real, you're the one that can tell me where Vecna is. Where he is most vulnerable."
"I know. I've always known. For as long as I've been in this state, I know his every move." she explained. "Ever since he took my soul, I've felt him. Did his plan work? Did Hawkins fall?"
"Oh, Imogen. It's been six months and the world fell. We lost everyone...we fought so hard and everyone died." I said to her, softly.
"Dustin? S-Steve?" she asked.
"No. They actually have been looking after your body for the last six months. They love you, they never left your side." I told her. She let out a happy whimper as the blood tears continued to fall. I could tell that was a huge sign of relief for her. "If you can tell me, I need to know where Vecna is. Once I stop him, this wouldn't have happened to you. You will still be alive, everyone will be." She looked at me with her lips slightly parted before closing her eyes. I sat and watched her for a moment as her eyes moved behind her closed lids, as if she was searching. I sat and waited for her patiently.
"Bethany." I heard a voice echo. I spun my head and scanned the darkness. There was no one there. Imogen's breathing began to become heavier as she continued. "Bethany...I can feel you." I heard the voice echo again. Suddenly, Imogen's eyes burst open with a gasp and she fell down slightly.
"Whoa, are you okay? What happened!?" I asked as I held her. She continued to pant as if she saw something horrible.
"I found him. He's in Hawkins Lab, where the gate first opened. But Beth, he knows you're looking for him and his connection with me, he's getting closer. You have to go back before he finds you. Get to him first." Imogen warned me.
"Wait, I can't leave you!" I protested.
"There's not time! Return to the real world, before he finds you and your child!" she said, putting her hand on my stomach, ushering me to get up. She rose to her feet and grabbed my arm, helping me stand. "Go!" she said. I looked at her once more and decided to grab her and give her a hug. She relaxed into me and hugged me back.
"Thank you. I miss you." I whispered to her.
"Just...just get that son of a bitch." she whispered back to me, sounding more like Imogen. I released her and looked at her blood covered face. "And tell Steve...tell him I love him." she finished. I looked at her with sorry eyes and nodded. "Now go! Now! He's sending someone...he's...he's sending someone after you!" she panicked, pushing me away from her.