Chapter 6

Willow was fixing herself a cup of coffee and a travel mug full for Charlie

Willow was fixing herself a cup of coffee and a travel mug full for Charlie. She was wearing a pair of black yoga pants, a white tee shirt, and her favorite gray cardigan. Willow felt good despite the aches and pains she felt, she even wanted to go to school on a Monday morning, but Charlie said no. Charlie also did not want her left alone, afraid that her symptoms would get worse and no one would be there for her. The police chief had worked out a system with Jasper and Koda. While Charlie was at work Jasper or Koda would stay with her. Willow made no complaint about their plan.

"How was Florida?" Willow asked when Bella stepped into the kitchen, fully dressed and ready for school.

"Warm." Bella shrugged before she grabbed an apple out of the bowl on the counter. "How are you feeling?" She moved her brown eyes back up to meet Willow's hazel ones.

"Not horrible." She winced slightly as she reached up to grab the sugar out of the cabinet. The pain in her side flaring up. "How did Ed like Florida?" She kept her attention on her coffee this time, watching it intently as she swirled the spoon around in slow circles.

"Is Jasper on his way?" Charlie's question and pounding boots cut Bella off from answering Willow's question.

"Yeah he called and said he'd be here in about 15 minutes." Willow took a sip of her coffee and turned around to face both of the Swans.

"If it was the other way around, and I was the one with a major concussion. Would you let Edward stay with me during the day?" Bella challenged her father in between bites of her apple and Willow watched the exchange with a smile playing on her lips.

"Probably not." Charlie answered as he slipped some bread into the old silver toaster.

"You're not supposed to have favorites." Bella raised her brow and leaned herself against the door frame.

"I don't. I just don't favor Edward." Charlie's remark caused Willow to snort a laugh that sent a wave of pain through her abdomen. To her, the pain was bearable when it was caused by laughter.

"Whatever dad. I'll see you guys later." Bellas tone was slightly amused and slightly agitated. Willow watched her cousin move to grab her backpack and head for the front door.

"Tell Ed I said hi." WIllow called just as Bella closed the door and the toaster popped. Willow took another sip of her coffee and watched Charlie timidly pick out the half burt bread, hissing at the heat that radiated off it. Willow made up her mind not to buy Charlie a new toaster for Christmas.

"I'm going to head out too. Call me if you need anything." Charlie spoke as he grabbed the travel mug out of Willow's outstretched hand. She followed him into the living room with her coffee cup cradled in her hands.

"Will do. Love you." Willow declared with a small wave. Charlie turned back with a small smile on his lips.

"Love you too Willow." With a nod of his head he was gone with the door shut behind him.