5, Percy: I causally talk to my long-lost sister

I quickly ran over to our landline which was the only kind of phone I could have without being attacked by monsters. And dialed in the number I knew by heart after all these years.

And she picked up immediately hey Percy, came the voice from the other end of the line.

"Are you OK?!? Is it your dad again?!? do you need help?!?" I said quickly panicked.

"Wow calm down I'm fine no it's not my dad I moved out actually so he's no longer in my life. And yes, I do need help but It's nothing fatal it's just important."

"Why would you scare me like that!!!"

"The last time you called me you with something urgent you passed out while on the phone!!"

"It wasn't that bad She said dejectedly."

"Yes, it was!!" I responded louder than I should have.

then I hear a loud noise on the other side of the line that sounds suspiciously like barking most likely caused by my outburst.

"Vicky what is that sound?" I said as I slap my hand in my face.
Hehe, she chuckled nervously as she responded well That's the thing I need to talk to you about.
I may or may not have picked up another stray.
Vicky, I told you can't keep picking up strays no matter how cute they are camp is running out of room.
she's just a puppy She's said and a pleading tone.

OK Let's put a pin in the story right now so I can give you some backstory on how me and Vicky 1st met It's actually a really interesting story, so it was back whenever I was in 3ed grade I saw her outside the fence on the playground. She was looking through it watching the kids play with a sad face, so I walked over and opened the gate without any of the teachers noticing and asked her if she wanted to come play.

And we've been best friends ever since. We have the kind of friendship where I see her as a little sister, and she sees me as an older brother.

She's home schooled so we'd always meet up on weekends or after I got out of school or things like that sometimes there'd be times where I wouldn't see her for months and then other times, I'd see her every day I knew she didn't have a good home life.
she doesn't talk about it, but I could tell from the bruises and cuts she always has all over her arms and legs as well as the way she would flinch at loud noises like braking glass or raised voices and the fact we'd always meet up in different places, and never in the same place twice like she was afraid of been caught.

I have offered her multiple times to come and live with me and my mom especially after my mom took care of smelly Gabe but she would always refuse saying it was fine, and nothing to worry about. I tried following her a couple times to be sure she was OK but every time I tried to she would disappear like she knew I was following her.

But anyway, I'm off track we need to get back to the puppy that Vicky is trying to get me to take to camp. Don't get me wrong. I love puppies and I love it whenever she saves them but camp is currently over run every camper is taking care of a puppy or a cat it's ridiculous.

There really cute aren't they? I say into the receiver. 

Yes! Vicky responds.

OK you know what let's meet up and I'll meet this puppy for myself, and we'll discuss it then how's that? I ask.

Sounds good how about tomorrow at 3:00. she responds.

Ok see you then.

Word count 624