Ailurophobia

Ailurophobia/Aelurophobia/Eulorophobia/Felinophobia/Galephobia/Gatophobia -
A morbid fear of cats

NIALL POV:
I've been thinking about this for a while, but I think I need to tell the boys. I have ailurophobia.

I need to tell them because what if we like, pass someone with a cat on the street and then I have a panic attack? The boys'll probably think there's something wrong with me.

I've decided to tell them tomorrow during breakfast.

The Next Morning

Right now I'm lying in bed. I'm trying to think of exactly what to say to the boys.

Finally, I come down, knowing exactly what to say. The boys were already eating.

"Finally! Why'd you take so long?" Louis asked.

"Um, guys," I stopped and took a deep breath, "I-I have something to tell you."

As soon as I said that, everyone stopped eating, and put down their forks.

They now had their full attention on me.

I took another deep breath before speaking.

"I have... ailurophobia."

"What's that?" Harry asked.

"It's the phobia of... cats."

As soon as I say the word 'cats,' the boys burst out laughing.

"That's the funniest thing I've ever heard!"

"Where'd you get that idea!?"

I was shocked. I never thought they would react like this.

"Guys! I'm not kidding, I actually have it."

"Sure you do."

My heart broke after hearing that. I stormed upstairs and slammed the door, entering my room.

Let's just say, I heard a lot more laughing coming from the boys after that.

I decided to distract myself with some music. I put in some headphones and closed my eyes.

A little while later, I felt a hand tapping my shoulder.

Then, I opened my eyes and saw the worst thing I could ever see.

A cat.

There was a cat right in front of my face and laughing boys behind it.

I screamed as loud as I physically could.

The boys continued laughing before suddenly taking it and running off.

They ran back in, this time without it.

"Too much of a bother to hold," Louis said.

I started sobbing and hyperventilating.

"It's probably his asthma," Harry said, "Get his inhaler from the bathroom cabinet."

Louis nodded and walked off, still laughing.

He came back a few seconds later and gave me the medicine. It helped a bit because panic attacks always cause asthma for me, but they still thought it was only asthma.

"Niall, you can stop now," Liam said.

"Ni? Ni, are you actually crying?" Louis asked.

Liam lifted my face up and the boys all stared at me, shocked.

"Ni? You actually have that weird phobia thing?" Zayn asked.

I just continued crying.

"Ni," Harry said sadly.

Liam wrapped his arms around me and breathed slowly, and deeply, for me to copy.

I did, and got calm.

"D-do you guys th-think-k I'm a baby?"

"What!? We're sorry Niall. I don't know why we thought you were joking. Of course we don't think you're a baby."

I smiled.

"So, will you protect me from them?"

Zayn chucked.

"Of course, Niall."

From that day on, the boys always 'protected' Niall from cats.

(P.S. I am terrified of cats, but it's not a phobia.)

540 Words