Cynophobia

Cynophobia/Lyssophobia -
A morbid fear of dogs

LOUIS POV:
The boys and I all have a great prank idea, for Niall, which was of course, my original idea.

It's a simple prank. We're going to ignore him until... I don't know, whenever.

We'll start tomorrow morning, since we won't have any work.

The Next Morning
LOUIS POV:
I get up a little earlier than normal, and wake all the other boys, except for, of course, Niall.

"Ready for a fun day?" I ask them.

They just nod.

"Also, if you break, you gotta buy the whole band, including Paul, dinner."

"Ugh, really?"

"Yup!"

They just groaned.

"How do we wake him?"

"We don't, just wait. Why don't we watch TV or something. And remember, don't break!"

They looked a little more excited now.

We all sit on the couch, watching a movie.

A few minutes later, Niall comes down.

NIALL POV:
I wake up, and hear the boys watching TV.

I come down to the living room.

"Hey guys," I say.

They don't respond. Weird, but not that odd.

"Are we gonna go out for breafast? Or should I make something..?"

They don't respond again.

"Um, are you guys mad at me... or..?"

They don't answer for the third time! I just groan and go back upstairs. Why are they ignoring me?

"Guys, why don't we go out for breakfast or something?" I hear one of the boys say from downstairs.

"Sure!"

"Ok!"

"Sounds great!"

I know they would ignore me if I asked to come, so I stay, waiting for them to leave, so I can eat something else, here.

When they leave, I look in the fridge. I find some avocado and toast, so make some avocado toast with sea salt and some grated parmesan cheese. I finish eating quickly.

Then, I sit down on the couch.

The boys came back about ten minutes later. They don't notice me right away.

"Wanna watch some more TV now?" Louis asks them.

"Sure," they all say.

When they see me on the couch, they stop.

"Actually, I think we should go to the theatre and watch a movie, it'll be funner," Zayn says.

Now i'm pretty pissed, but also kind of sad. Are they actually that mad at me?

I wait a few minutes after they leave, then head to the theatre myself.

I pick a random seat. I can tell the boys notice me, but don't say anything.

Then, I see it. A dog. Taking up the whole screen, as if it's in my face.

I scream.

The boys don't react, probably thinking I'm trying to get their attention. But I'm not. Ever since I saw my brother get attacked by a dog, I've had a phobia of them. The boys don't know that though. I guess it never came up.

I go into a panic attack. I start crying, trembling, shaking even.

Then, there's more of them on the screen. A whole group.

I scream again.

This time, the boys turn around. As soon as they see my face, they run to where I'm sitting.

"NIALL! Niall! It's a prank! We- the ignoring you, we're- it was just a stupid prank! We're sorry!"

I shake my head and point to the screen.

"D-d-dog-g."

"What's wrong with the dogs?"

My breathing gets faster.

"I- ph-phobia."

"You have a phobia of dogs?" Liam asks sweetly.

I just nod.

Harry immediately runs up to turn off the film.

It still takes a little while for me to calm down.

Liam stands me up, and wraps his arm around me, motioning for me to copy his breathing. It works.

"We're sorry for the prank. Did that also bother you?"

I nodded.

"I thought you guys were mad at me for something..."

"We're sorry Ni. Can you forgive us?"

I nod, slowly.

We all went in for a group hug, and watched another crappy movie, but without dogs.

Hey, I just noticed that if you put a hyphen between a word, it counts as two words (or, like one more than the number of hyphens you put,) so everytime someone stutters, it counts as multiple words. This means the word count is off, which hopefully doesn't bother you as much as it does to me. I also can't just count the spaces (with control-f, obviously not manually) because one, I'm using an ipad (with a keyboard, I'm not crazy), and two, I put spaces after every one of my sentences. Each one. So, yea. I don't know why I'm rambling on about this, it just bothers me a bit.

Also, please give requests! I'm running out of ideas. Even if it's just the phobia name, I don't care (hope that doesn't sound offensive)!

797 Words