Bovinophobia

Bovinophobia -
Excessive fear of cows and cattle.

NIALL POV:
Right now the boys, and I, are with Paul on a road trip. We're traveling to another area for some concerts. I think it's been about three hours. The total drive is four hours long. Maybe I should clarify.

"Paul, how long until we get there?"

"'Bout an hour now. Why?"

I was right!

"Just wondering."

"Ok."

I decided to just look out the window for the last hour.

After half an hour of just looking out the window, I get a little bored so, I decide to annoy the boys, because, well, why not?

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

"Oh, god," Zayn, who is sitting right in front of me, said.

Harry and Louis were both sitting to the left of me and were sleeping. Liam was on the left of Zayn, and there was no middle seat in the middle row. Paul was in the driver seat. And no one was in the passenger seat. So, besides, Harry and Louis, everyone was awake.

"I'm putting on my headphones," Zayn I said.

"Me too," Liam added.

I just continue talking

"Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

...

ZAYN POV: (I feel like this is my first Zayn POV.)

It's been about 15 minutes since Niall started his "Are we there yet?" thing. I have headphones in, playing music, but they're not noise canceling. And, when I turn the music too loud, it hurts my ears.

Then, he suddenly stops saying it. I pause the music, enjoying the silence. I figure he fell asleep or something. Liam's asleep too. I decide to stay awake, since we only have, about, ten minutes left for the drive.

NIALL POV:
I just saw the worst thing I could've ever seen.

A herd of cows.

As soon as I saw it, I stopped trying to annoy the boys.

They don't know about my phobia and even if they did, I'm pretty sure they're all asleep right now.

I try to calm myself down, but I can't. My breathing picks up, my heart rate speeds up, I start trembling, and then crying.

Then I see Zayn move. That must mean he's awake, right?

"Z-Zayn? Zayn?"

"What do you want n-" he stops when he turns around and sees my face, soaked with tears.

I continue crying, causing Liam to wake up.

"Uh, Paul, can you pull over please? Something's wrong with Niall," Zayn says.

The van pulls over.

"What's up with Ni?" Liam asks.

"I don't know. He randomly stopped saying his "Are we there yet?"s, so I assumed he fell asleep. Then, he called my name and I turned around and saw him in his panic attack or whatever!" Zayn said, sounding worried.

Liam wakes up Louis and Harry.

"Hey, we're almost there, so-" he starts but Louis cuts him off.

"Why did you wake us up if we weren't already at the place?"

"Something's wrong with Niall, so I need you two to move."

They looked at me, and as soon as they did, got up.

"What's wrong bud?" Liam started, "Why are you crying?"

He started rubbing my back.

He put his arms around me.

"Copy my breathing," he said, calmly, and soothingly.

I did and it helped, a lot.

Once I was finally calmed down, he asked me again about what was going on.

I quickly thought of an excuse.

"I-I was worried you would scream at me for... annoying you..?" I said.

It came out as more of a question, and I'm pretty sure my face wasn't very convincing either.

"Come on, tell us the real reason?"

"Fine, I'm scared of... c-c-cows.

"Cows!? That's weird."

I started crying again. Whoever said that was right. Who has a fear of cows, for goodness sakes?

"Niall, Niall, don't be embarrassed. But um, is there a reason you have a fear of cows?"

"My- one of my friends was rammed into by a cow, when I was younger, and he got injured, and there was a lot of b-bl-blood."

"Ok, well, why didn't you tell us? We would've been able to help you more easily."

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry for not telling you. I thought you would, maybe... judge me..? And also, I'm sorry for annoying you guys. I was bored and my phone died, but that's not really an excuse.?

"It's ok Niall, everything will be alright. No one is mad at you."

"So, you don't think I'm a baby?"

"We never have, and never will."

I smiled and we all went in for a group hug.

"I love you guys," I whispered.

The boys all chuckled, then we got back into our seats, and finally arrived at our destination.

808 Words