Part Two

Jimmy had hid his powers effectively for a long, long time. In fact he'd known about his healing powers ever since he was five when some kids decided to throw rocks at him for no apparent reason.

It was only when he was in his teens that his number one secret was revealed.

Jimmy had ran the moment he'd touched the girls wound. Not letting her have the chance to try and call for the guards.

Which is how he found himself having his ears blown out by the sounds of many, many birds.

Either everyone hated him.

Or another magic being was around.

Jimmy didn't know who in their right mind would use their power to blast peoples ears out, but he'd never met someone with powers as far as he knew.

He decided to follow the screeching purely to tell them to nock it off, but what he found instead was something quite sadder in all honesty.

A boy with teal hair and eyes was laying on a bed of poppies with birds surrounding him and a kitten in his arms.

The birds stopped their cries as soon as opened his mouth. His words were slurred to the point where Jimmy didn't know what he was trying to say.

Either way it was clear he was injured and possibly poisoned to if the slurred words were anything to go off of.

So Jimmy walked up to him right as the cyanette passed out.

A crow gave Jimmy an indignant squawk, but besides that none of the birds really did anything. Gently Jimmy put both of his hands on the boys chest Jimmy watched as the boys breathing steadied itself out.

However it took a lot of energy out of him and he found himself tipping over. However instead of falling onto the grass vines came out and wrapped Jimmy in a sort of blanket.

Wether or not this was the boys handiwork Jimmy was grateful for it nonetheless.

After regaining his energy Jimmy sat up and looked at the boy properly. He had broad shoulders and looked to be about Jimmy's age. He found himself pondering the power of this strange guy.

The birds and kitten would suggest his powers had to do with animals, but the vines and poppies would suggest plants. Whatever the reason Jimmy got the feeling that both he and the boy needed to leave.

Just as Jimmy was about to carry him somewhere else a seagull pecked at his hand. "Ow! I-I wasn't going to hurt him! I was gonna take him somewhere safe!"

The seagull looked like it wanted to peck Jimmy in the face, but thankfully a yellow feathered bird he thought might be a canary stopped the gull from doing so.

Or at least Jimmy thought the canary was doing that since there wasn't any way for him to tell.

Jimmy picked the boy (who was surprisingly light) and started walking with the birds following suit. And as the sun set Jimmy got the sense that he wouldn't regret helping this guy.

Because... it felt right.