knife fight

"that's not how knives work, joon-ah."

   namjoon was feeling..absolutely fantastic. his favorite playlist was mildly playing through his airpods, the blinds were open and the windows were vented, allowing for the infiltration of the fresh evening air into the unusually quiet dorm; and to only add to the positives, they'd received the next few days off to replenish and recoup, meaning he was feeling more well rested than he had in months.

greatest of all though, the vocal line had fled for the day, giving him a chance to spend quality time with his two boyfriends. there was a bob to his head and a sway to his hips as he hopped around the kitchen, gathering the needed ingredients for his spontaneous dish into his long arms. he was going to woo his lovers this time around, he just knew it; he could feel it in his veins.

   he was sure that he looked silly, bent over the counter as he fumbled around with the measuring cups and spoons while simultaneously trying to read the recipe from his phone. two cups of kimchi...his eyes darted to the bowl of leftover kimchi to his right and he squinted at it, almost as if trying to figure out how he was going to fit those huge cuts of cabbage into the small '1 cup' measuring tool.

he took a moment to really analyze the situation before 'aha'ing' and taking ahold of the bowl, dumping its contents out onto the wooden chopping board, face scrunching up in surprise as the fermented juice splashed up at him; good thing he was wearing his 'greatest leader' apron. cheesy.

   haphazardly, the knife came down onto the heap of sour vegetable, and it didn't look at all safe, but he eventually got it done. kimchi into the pot, along with half a cup of kimchi juice, six ounces of pre-chopped firm tofu, four ounces of ground pork, and two cups of water; allow that to come to a boil before...fuck- he blinked and brought his phone closer to his face, lips pursing in disbelief once he realized that he'd missed a step.

he was supposed to sauté the pork and kimchi before adding the rest of the ingredients; he gave an audible exhale through his nostrils. how disappointing, especially since he didn't have enough time to restart before the two others would be making their way down.

   there went his good mood. to make matters worse, he also realized that he'd forgotten a key ingredient; half a cup of roughly chopped onions. that one caused him to throw a little fit, all with huffed breaths and little stomps to the tiled floor. four minutes later and..he was trying his best, he really was, but the stupid onion just wouldn't...split. he gripped the vegetable more firmly in his left hand before bringing the knife down once again, only for the blade to slip down off the side and land onto the chopping board.

   he looked absolutely adorable - at least that's what yoongi thought as he soundlessly padded into the bar area and hauled himself up onto the barstool. too focused on trying to 'roughly chop' the onion, namjoon failed to notice the presence of his eldest boyfriend, and it left yoongi more than highly amused.

he wasn't going to say anything, at least he hadn't planned to, but he couldn't help the laugh that slipped past his lips once he noticed that namjoon was trying to cut with the back of the knife. the younger's head snapped up, but before he could say anything, yoongi grinned,

"that's not how knives work, joon-ah."