sweet royalty

'namjoon looked pretty when he blushed.'

"giovane principe! giovane principe!" the worried handmaid frantically called as he ran amuck the busy palace with his hands cupped over his mouth to micmic a megaphone. the residents looked at him strangely as he ran in and out of each room and wove his way in between them, but he didn't quite care. he suddenly came to a halting stop as one of the trusted guards appeared before him, causing him to nearly stumble into the broadened chest.

"oi!" he exclaimed, hands upon his hips and little pants leaving his lips as he made eye contact with the other man, "hoseok-hyung! have you seen namjoon? he's disappeared again, cara bontà."

the guard, hoseok, grinned and firmly placed his hands atop the younger man's shoulders, causing him to jump slightly where he stood.

"don't lose your head, jungkook-ah. he's out in the garden with jin-hyung. didn't he tell you?" without giving an answer, jungkook tore away from the other's touch and was on the run again, leaving the guard shaking his head in amusement as he watched the younger man disappear. it was only minutes after the encounter when the handmaid burst through the large doors that lead to the beautiful garden, ignoring the fact that he was causing a scene...once again.

"giovane principe," he sighed once he spotted namjoon, who was sitting in the bed of sunflowers as seokjin watched carefully, but fondly from a nearby tree.

"you can't keep running off like that, you know? you nearly gave me a heart attack." he greeted as he took a seat beside the prince, whom of which only gave him a beaming dimpled smile in reply. "i made you a crown, jungkook-ah."

he held out his hands, and in the middle of his large palms sat a delicately woven flower crown; jungkook only briefly wondered how someone so clumsy could pull off such an intricate design. "well..jin-hyung helped." ah.

"you know the king won't allow me to wear this, it's out of dress code." he stated, but even then, he bowed down slightly and allowed namjoon to place the gift atop his soft set of curls.

"i'll talk to him, don't worry. he can't possibly be mad at it when you look so pretty." jungkook had blushed then, and it was..funny. funny because he and namjoon didn't have the typical relationship a prince and his handmaiden would. funny because he was namjoon's best friend and namjoon was his.

  ..funny because the king would throw an absolute fit if he saw them as close as they were in that moment; the prince had laid his hand upon his own and was looking at jungkook with lively eyes as their fingers gradually tightened around each other. still, the younger laughed softly and cupped the prince's full cheeks with his free hand.

"ah, how can you compliment me so, when you're so much prettier?"

   and yeah, namjoon looked pretty when he blushed.