Chapter 2

"Hey! Could that be her?"

May kalayuan man sa akin ang boses ng lalaki ay malinaw kong narinig ang sinabi niya and I know he was referring to me because he was pointing at me!

The other man beside him looked my way. "Yep. That's her for sure." Two more from their group stared at me. "Kinakabahan na ako," the other one said. "We prepared for this day. Come on. Let's go say hello to our lady."

Lalong lumakas ang tili ng mga babaeng nakikiusyoso sa paligid. I tried to look away to make everyone think I didn't notice them but Maya pulled my sleeves. "Umm. Selene, they're walking towards us."

As I look at them, their eyes fixated on me and smiles on their lips. I don't recognize any of them. Who are they? What do they want?

One of them took a step further towards me, smiling he said, "Miss, Selene Mortezo." He could be a male model from what I'm seeing. The lush, earthy-gold hair he groomed had a rippling quality combined with seem to be his best feature - his wayfarer-blue eyes.

"Sorry, this might be outta nowhere." The bad-boy looking one next to him talked next. He possessed a latent, leonine presence seemingly because of his multiple ear piercing.

The alluring smile of the next man in front of me took my eye. "Let us cut right to the chase," he said in his deep, tempting voice. His valor personality and bass voice were a big part of his ambitious character.

It took a few seconds before the last one got talking. He looked at me and he seemed to be nervous than the rest. But his eyes speaks with clarity. "Ready... Set... Go!"

That cue had me taking a step backwards. What the hell is going on here?

Quickly, the four of them took something from their back. Four roses all in different colors presented to me and in unison they call out, "Will you marry me?"

I could hear Maya asking questions but no answer comes to my mind. I was too stunned. Four roses and four pairs of expectant eyes searing into me. Lumalakas ang tibok ng puso ko na mas malakas pa sa bulung-bulungan ng mga tao sa paligid dahil sa nangyayari.

Everyone was waiting for my response.

Coming back to senses, I pulled Maya's hand. "T-Tara na."

"Huh? But..."

I turned around and walked as quickly as possible. " Whoa. She totally ignored us." I heard one of them. Still ignoring them, I continued walking.

"Selene, wait!"

I tried to escape but the man dashed in front of me. "Easy, sweetheart. Let's breathe for a while, 'kay? But just to be clear, this is really happening." The man with piercing stopped me from leaving. His cheeky tone hit me like a splash of cold water.

Trying to recollect my actions. I know it's not the time to panic. I was dealing with unknown and very forward strangers. I need to collect my dignity and deal with them firmly. "Who are you, exactly?" I asked, eyeing the four of them. "Bakit n'yo ako kilala? And please explain that tacky prank a while ago."

In panic, the nervous one uttered in confusion, "Um, W-Well we, uh..."

"How about let take things one at a time, sweetheart?" The bad boy looking really is getting into my nerves now! He keep on calling me sweetheart!

"May I start with the introductions? I'm---"

Hindi na nakapagpakilala pa ang lalaking malalim ang boses nang dumating si Hugo. "That won't be necessary."

"Thank God, Hugo!" I was more than happy to see him. I know he will settle this whole mess.

"I could see that this scenario made you mad than anticipated, Miss. This is precisely why I was against this entire idea."