Chapter 5

I could hear Hugo was trying to wake me up but when I did, I found myself at school. I know for a fact that summer vacation had ended. Suddenly, four men came to me with flowers on their hand. But their faces, they're blank for a while then... then... they turned into money!

They said in unison, "Marry for money," and laughed like madmen.

"NO!!" I screamed.

As I abruptly woke up. I knew I was having a nightmare, in my dreams turning into reality.

"Miss Selene, you're awake. Good morning," Hugo was standing not far from my bed. "It seems like you had a nightmare. Are you okay?"

"A nightmare while I'm awake."

"Nahimatay ka kahapon. I called upon a doctor to check on you. You were exhausted and he cleared you out of danger. Hindi na kita inistorbo sa pag tulog. You needed the rest."

I felt dreadful again thinking about what happened yesterday. I gave Hugo a troubling look. "What am I supposed to do now?"

"We'll come up with something. Pero sa ngayon, mag agahan ka muna."

I'm unsure of how I'll deal with them. Knowing their antics makes me want to jump out of the window. Walking along the stairs and hallway through the common area feels suffocating.

"Good morning, Selene! What a great morning indeed! Seeing your first first thing makes it lovelier," Graham greeted me. No wonder he was tagged as a seducer. Now I understand what's behind those sweet words.

I was staring to wince automatically whenever one of the suitors drew near. Mukhang hindi naman nahalata ni Graham. He was still smiling beautifully as he leaned forward to look in my eyes.

"What?" I asked raising a brow.

"You didn't sleep well. Kailangan mong matulog nang maaga or else you'll blemish your lovely skin." He lightly touched the edges of my eye with his hand as he reached up. I sprang to my feet in shock.

Not knowing that Nico was right behind me. "Geez, you surprised me. May problema ba?"

"N-No. It's nothing. Sorry. Good morning, Nico." I reclaimed myself.

His eyes perked. "Good morning, Selene. Wow! This is so cool! I can greet you first thing in the morning. Unreal," he smiled from ear to ear. Graham agreed.

A room was filled with a loud yawn from Theo. "What the hell are you guys doing just standing there like lumps? Quit blocking the way."

"Yo, Theo! Isn't this cool?" Nico yanked me by the shoulders and pushed me in front of Theo with excitement.

Theo took a small step back. "What? Wala naman akong ibang nakikita. Ang iingay n'yo lang sa umaga. Will you shush already?"

"No! Come on, Theo! Look! Andito si Selene!" Nico yelled with excitement.

"Yeah, So? What about her?" This is getting uncomfortable.

"Di mo ba gets? Nandito si Selene. We see her at night and in the morning! Di ba ang cool!"

Theo's expression said, "The hell do I care?"and then turned to face Nico again. He rubbed his eyes and sighed.

"Obviously. Dito siya nakatira. Now, pwede bang tumahimik ka na? I'm still freaking tired, 'kay?"

"That's right," Graham butted in. "Hindi ka ganitong oras magising. Did you stay up all night?"

Theo nodded. "Hindi ko na napansin ang oras kagabi. Kausap ko kaibigan ko."

"Well, hindi 'yan mabuti para sa'yo. Even us men need lots of sleep, then wake up early to eat healthy breakfast. You won't last the day without it."

"Quit mothering me, Graham. I never was a big fan of breakfast anyway."