If You Don't Tell Her I WILL!

Thursday turned into Friday and the weekend rolled by silently.

Thais slept a little more peacefully knowing that her happiness had returned to her...

Monday came with a loud ruckus and there was no denying that today was a day for horrors.

Thais went to school in a dismal mood and she could not even smile much when she saw Axel. This was new and very strange. Axel had not seen her that morning when she got to school and from her vantage point, she saw him hug a girl. She took no notice of it until one of her friends, Christon told her that Axel was playing her. She did not want to believe it so she went downstairs to confront Axel.

She saw Avery, Axel and the strange girl walking together and instead of calling out Axel, her instincts called out to Avery instead.

She didn't know why she did it but something deep in her bones told her she made the right call. Avery turned around shocked as if she had been struck by lightning and Axel and the girl split up and walked off into different directions, both away from Thais.

For the first time in her life with Axel, she felt betrayed.

Her friend walked up to her and started babbling about how she was sorry and it wasn't her fault and that she didn't know anything. Thais immediately knew that Avery meant that Axel had been cheating on her. This was not a surprise to her but it still hurt.

Thais couldn't think straight and ignored Axel. She passed him straight in the school halls and pretended she had not heard him speaking to her. Her core burned with rage and hatred. This feeling was new to her. she wanted to see him burn alive but something in her still melted for him. She wanted to be in his arms and she craved his touch more than life.

Thais cried for days to Avery about how she trusted Axel and how she opened up to him with things she only told her close friends. She had truly believed with all her heart that Axel loved her but her hopes were crushed. She confided in her best friend everything that was on her mind.

Avery could not see her friend in this forlorn state, not eating not smiling, constantly having new marks on her arms. It was too much for her so one day Avery told Thais to meet her under the tree. Thais was hesitant but she agreed to meet her friend. Avery told Axel to meet her under the tree and she let both individuals know to meet her there at twelve thirty on the dot during their lunch hour.

Both did not expect to meet each other again and when Thais saw Axel, she took a deep breath to contain her rage and hurt. Axel tried to say hello to her but her pride ignored him. She wanted to hug him and forgive him, but not now... not after what he had done to her without regard.

Avery sat next to them on a bench and told them to have a seat. They sat down and barely looked at each other. Thais was infuriated that she thought about leaving more than once during the meeting.

Thais told Axel she was hurt and Axel told her that she was overreacting. Thais was angry because Axel tried turning everything onto her as if it was her fault when the only thing she had done wrong was love him.

Thais asked Axel in the most calm way she could who that girl was and Axel replied that she was just a friend. Avery spoke in a sharp tone to her older cousin and said, "If you don't tell her... I will!"

Axel said he wanted to talk to Thais alone and Thais kept her cool. She and he walked away together.

If one was supposed to guess when Thais was angry it would be very easy to do that because she would start walking three paces faster than usual. This time she was six paces faster that Axel had to run to keep up with her at certain points.

It was here that Thais broke down and told Axel that he betrayed her and she couldn't believe that he could do this to her after all they had been through.

Axel played it off and told her his feelings had died and that he was sorry but beep down in her heart, Thais knew that he was not sorry for what he had done.

The two parted ways and Thais went back to Avery. She cried her heart out to her best friend.

For the first time her life felt completely meaningless.