let go

You knew coming home from the Camerons' wasn't going to be a walk in the park. Nothing was ever easy, and in fact, a moment from you reuniting with your brother passed before Rafe Cameron was trekking through your backyard with Barry in tow as they looked for John B. JJ had to haul your ass up into the tree since you could barely do it yourself, but you watched with terrified eyes as Rafe started shooting bullets in random directions before they sulked off into the night.

"He's lost his shit," JJ commented as he helped you climb down from the branches. You rolled your eyes, knowing he didn't have the slightest clue of how crazy Rafe was.

"He shot me, JJ. Clearly he's lost his shit," Sarah quipped back with a sigh. You always wondered how heavy this weighed on her. Her whole family was being torn apart and she was stuck on the sidelines taking the backlash. The large bandage on her waist was proof enough. You at least had a fighting chance with John B now.

John B shook his head in disbelief at what happened before pushing everyone towards the chateau in hopes of getting out of the obvious eye. Clambering inside, you winced with each deep breath as you took in the family home you haven't seen in a long time. It brought back a lot of memories, good and bad, but regardless you were just happy to be home.

"Do you wanna shower?" JJ suggested as he took in your overwhelmed appearance. You gave a slight nod and moved to go into your bedroom to grab some hopefully clean clothes. Moving into the bathroom, the warm water helped soothe your aching body and you never wanted to step out. Eventually, the water began to turn cold, forcing you to surrender as you climbed out and wrapped a towel around yourself. The foggy mirror reflected the outline of your body and you were glad you couldn't see through the condensation. It was going to take a while to return to a somewhat "normal" version you decided and knowing your friends and brother, they weren't slowing down anytime soon.

"Fuck!"

The curse was loud and clearly not an accident as you exited the bathroom back into your bedroom. There was a heavy silence that followed as you got dressed into comfy clothes and returned to where your brother, Sarah, and JJ were sitting. They all turned towards you, worried expressions on their faces.

"What?" You asked quietly as you moved to grab a cup for water. When there was no answer, you walked to sit near JJ, pulling the phone out of his grip in hopes it would answer your questions. In big red letters, "MISSING PERSON: Y/N ROUTLEDGE" filled the screen alongside a photo of you, making you wince. It only got worse as you continued reading the description towards the bottom.

"Routledge was last seen in the Cameron household at 7:38 PM by Rafe Cameron who claimed she had a breakdown and lashed out on him. Approach with caution. Please call the Camerons or Sheriff Shoupe with any information."

The post did nothing to ease the tension in your chest, now knowing the whole island could drop your whereabouts at any second. You didn't want to go back, you didn't think you'd survive going back. In the back of your mind, you hoped Wheezie remembered what you had spoken to her about through the vents one night. As siblings grieving the loss of their other siblings, the youngest Cameron had become a great ally to you and even helped you when you needed. Granted, she was walking on a thin line but Wheezie wasn't one to underestimate.

"What do we do?" You questioned as you handed JJ his phone back. "Regardless, they're looking for me, and clearly, someone ratted you out." You looked towards your brother who was staring at his hands quietly.

"We lay low and hope we can clear John B's name. He's almost 18 and then you guys can stay here, no issues," JJ offered.

Your brother shook his head. "It's not that easy, man. We still have to clear my name and make sure Ward gets what's coming to him. For now, we wait for Kie and Pope to get back, and we get the hell out of here."