chapter seven

{ sunhee pov }

i woke up the next morning at 7:00 am and got dressed. i decided to wear an easter yellow crop top with a pair of light blue jeans. as i was munching on my bagel breakfast, i noticed it was awfully quiet. i stood up and walked over to minji's room. i slowly creaked open the door to find minji, still sleeping soundly in her bed.

"HAN MINJI WAKE UP WHY ARE YOU STILL SLEEPING" i screamed.

her eyes fluttered open as she turned to her side. when she saw 7:45 am on her clock, she instantly got out of bed.

"OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO BE LATE TO CLASS" minji panicked.

"GO GO HURRY"

minji frantically ran around her room to gather her clothes.

"YOU CAN LEAVE WITHOUT ME I NEED TO GET READY" minji yelled from her bathroom.

"WHERE SHOULD WE MEET??" i asked.

"NEAR THE FRONT GATES"

i grabbed my backpack and quickly headed out the door. i plugged in my headphones and started listening to music as i walked to school.

when i arrived, i stood near the front gates as minji told me and started scrolling through instagram. 

the first post that came up was a selfie of gunwook in his dorm room. he was wearing a black shirt with grey sweatpants. i don't know why i never noticed until now but he was totally my type...

i liked the post while unconsciously smiling. as my finger was close to pressing the follow button, someone whispered into my ear.

"wow...you can like my instagram post but you won't talk to me in real life"

i turned behind me to see the one and only park gunwook. i gasped as he was so close i could feel his breath on my cheek. it was true that i had been ignoring, no, avoiding him a little bit. i wasn't sure why, but after our hug, i was too embarrassed to face him.

"oh- um- i- you- i'm so sorry i didn't mean to ignore you" i breathed out.

"did i do something wrong?" he asked, not backing away from me.

"no of course not!" i quickly denied.

"then what is it?"

i was silent for a while, not knowing how to respond. gunwook waited patiently, not breaking our eye contact.

"because i feel nervous around you!" i blurted out.

i instantly covered my mouth in shock and turned to run away. i started to move until i felt a hand on my wrist, stopping me from running. my gaze shifted to my wrist, gunwook's hand wrapped around it.

"don't go" gunwook pleaded, "hey um...to make it up to me, do you want to go to the movies together tonight?"

"oh- yes! i mean sure!"

gunwook laughed as he patted my head, crouching down to my height.

"i'll pick you up at 7:00, text me your dorm number. see you later, sunnie" gunwook smiled as he walked away.

i internally screamed in excitement. did park gunwook just ask me out??

wait, i don't have his phone number, how can i text him my dorm number? i looked around but gunwook had already disappeared.

"sunhee! i'm here! i came as soon as possible! i can't believe i just got ready in ten minutes" minji said panting in exhaustion.

i stood in silence, still processing my conversation with gunwook.