6

shuichis pov
once again i had woken up to kokichis loud fast breathing, this had happened every night ever since we had became roommates. i managed to get him to tell me how this wasn't unusual for him and it had been happening since he woke up.
he had been taking his medication since yesterday, the doctor said it can take up to a week to start taking effect so he had to keep dealing with this for a bit.
but this time was different, he wasn't sweaty—but very cold. not only was he shaking but also crying and mumbling something under his breath.
just like the usual routine i woke up, quickly went over to him and he usually would rush away, go to the bathroom and vomit.
but this time it was different, he didn't run off, he pulled me into a hug which made me fall backwards onto his bed.
he rested his head on my chest as his arms lightly wrapped around me, i listened to him closely as his breathing slowed down and his crying came to an end. we comfortably sat there for a few minutes and i had thought he had fallen asleep.
"saihara?" he said in a sad tone, not moving positions, it surprised me because i was convinced he was sleeping.
"yes?" i said.
"i'm tired of this, i don't wanna have nightmares anymore, i'm sorry for disturbing you all the time." he slowly said, as much as kokichi was a liar these words sounded sincere.
"it's okay, i don't mind, it's not your fault." i said while looking down at him, he was still laying down on my chest and i could only see his purple strands of hair.
"can i sleep with you tonight?" he said, it made my cheeks grow red, i don't know why, i was straight. i never had any interest in males, but i guess my phone had shown me differently.
"u-uh, yeah sure..."
kokichi remained silent and i listened as his breaths became slower and lighter until he fell asleep. it brought me comfort knowing he was sleeping, hopefully not having another nightmare.
.
.
.
kokichis pov
i woke with the feeling of like someone was holding me, it was warm and comfortable. i slowly opened my eyes to see shuichi gently holding his arms around me as he slept, like i was his teddy bear.
my face almost immediately turned bright red and i slowly crept my way out of the bed without waking him.
why was i sleeping with shuichi??
my face grew even redder while i watched as he slept in my bed. i calmed myself down and headed to the kitchen to get something to eat, my eating problem wasn't as bad anymore, it was still sort of difficult to eat but not as bad as it was.
my eyes lurked around the cupboard and i grabbed the only reasonable option, chips! and fanta.
i plopped myself onto the couch as i scrolled on my phone with my food. then i got a notification, i had been tagged in something, this wasn't usual as i was often tagged in fanart or posts about my life update.
i clicked on the post and my face grew red once again, it was me and shuichi. people where shipping us, the idea of someone fantasising of us being together romantically originally weirded me out but...
it was also kind of nice.
i know shuichi would never feel the same way about me so it was nice to know other people think he could. i liked the picture and left it at that, i continued my scrolling and waited until shuichi had eventually woken up.
.
.
authors note
this is such a shit chapter sorry 💀 i've had a lot of exams recently and been dealing w a lot so i haven't had much time to write this, it's also rlly short. i honestly have no idea where the hell im going with this story so if anyone has any suggestions i'd very much appreciate it because currently i'm reading other peoples stories and wishing i did something similar to theres at the start. then i have no idea where to go with the rest, only the beginning 😭